Re: Routing problem after mkgmap r3757

Alexandre Loss
Hi Gerd,

Any news about this?

Thaks.

Alexandre

Hi Gerd,

Some users of the maps that I compile daily in Brazil have started to complain about routing problems on some routes. So we started investigating and found the problem.
We did a regression test on each of the previous versions of mkgmap until we figured out which version the problem started to occur from.
And we have accurately identified that the problem began in version 3757.
I mean, any img generated with version 3756 or lower routes normally; And every img generated with 3757 or higher causes the routing problem.

Another thing we noticed was that we could not simulate the problem in MapSource or Basecamp. Only when installed on a GPS does the problem occur.
See pictures below:

mkgmap r3757: FAILS

Imagem inline 1
Imagem inline 2

mkgmap r3756: OK

Imagem inline 3
Imagem inline 4

So, knowing that the problem started after version 3757, I checked in SVN what was the change from version 3756 to 3757 that probably caused the problem. And everything indicates that the problem is in the LineSplitterFilter.doFilter method that you changed in version 3757.

I believe that if you return with the original method the problem will be solved. However, if you changed it is because you had some reason. So that is the analysis you need to do.

If you need data for testing, I can give you a piece of the map, all the parameters I use in splitter and mkgmap, and our custom style.

I hope I have been clear enough and helped to solve this problem. I tried to be as precise as possible and if you need more information, please, let me know.

Thanks.

Alexandre Loss

Re: Routing problem after mkgmap r3757

popej
Hi,

I just have uploaded example of wrong routing in BaseCamp, only to find
out, that problem is already corrected in r3878. Thanks Gerd!

--
Best regards,
Andrzej

Re: Routing problem after mkgmap r3757

Alexandre Loss
Hi Andrzej and Gerd,

Tested with r3878 and confirmed that the problem was solved!
Thank you both very much!

Best regards,

Alexandre Loss

I just have uploaded example of wrong routing in BaseCamp, only to find out, that problem is already corrected in r3878. Thanks Gerd!

--
Best regards,
Andrzej

Re: Routing problem after mkgmap r3757

Gerd Petermann
Hi all,

sorry for introducing this major bug solving a minor one :-(

The problem happened with roads that are split because of a 255 points limit in the img format. Few OSM ways have so many points, but also sometimes the RoadMerger
produces them by concatenating ways with similar attributes, so I think the error is probably in all maps produced with r3757 .. r3877.

@Alexandre: I still don't know why I forgot to react on your first mail. I think I remember that I read it but I cannot find it anywhere in the archives. Maybe the attached pictures
made it too big.

Gerd

Re: Routing problem after mkgmap r3757

Alexandre Loss
Hi Gerd,

Don't worry man! Every developer knows that this kind of mistake can happens when coding something. And you have credit enough in this community.
The most important is that you took my report in consideration and solved the problem. By the way, sorry to include images in mail! I thought they should help.

Thanks again,

Alexandre

Enviado do meu iPhone