Re: [Talk-it-sicilia] [Talk-it] Deletion of relations in Sicily / Di eliminazione delle relazioni in Sicilia

Re: [Talk-it-sicilia] [Talk-it] Deletion of relations in Sicily / Di eliminazione delle relazioni in Sicilia

http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/29645361

Thank you, Andy, for pointing us to this. The user has opened this account just 2 days ago, but it looks as if it is an experienced user. Already the fact that s/he tries to hide his/her real nickname is a bit strange. New users typically don't come to OSM and delete 600+ relations of the same type in a big area (IMHO qualifies very likely as an automated edit and guidelines apply).

Re: [Talk-it-sicilia] [Talk-it] Deletion of relations in Sicily / Di eliminazione delle relazioni in Sicilia

Luca Delucchi
Hi

On 23 March 2015 at 16:31, Martin Koppenhoefer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you, Andy, for pointing us to this. The user has opened this account
> just 2 days ago, but it looks as if it is an experienced user. Already the
> fact that s/he tries to hide his/her real nickname is a bit strange. New
> users typically don't come to OSM and delete 600+ relations of the same type
> in a big area (IMHO qualifies very likely as an automated edit and
> guidelines apply).

the user answer to the changeset comment, he was sure about removal of
the relations, some Sicilian guys can check if he answer the true or
not, for me seems really strange to remove more than 600 relation...
maybe a revert could be useful?

--
ciao
Luca

http://gis.cri.fmach.it/delucchi/
www.lucadelu.org

Re: [Talk-it-sicilia] [Talk-it] Deletion of relations in Sicily / Di eliminazione delle relazioni in Sicilia

for me seems really strange to remove more than 600 relation...
maybe a revert could be useful?

+1, it seems a clear violation of the semi-automatic edit guidelines, as it is hard to believe these deletions are anything else than a semi-automatic edit. I have written to the user in Italian (because if he performs mass edits in Sicily, it would not be bad if he understood some Italian), and he replied in a kind of Spanish that he doesn't understand and pointed to his changeset comment. Frankly, I do not see that he is very interested in communication, he seems to believe that he has done some good by "cleaning up a mess" (i.e. deleting relations of a type he doesn't like). FWIW, I don't like this kind of relation either, but I agree, you should discuss deletions in that scale rather than hope to pass unnoticed.

Re: [Talk-it-sicilia] [Talk-it] Deletion of relations in Sicily / Di eliminazione delle relazioni in Sicilia

Luigi Toscano
SomeoneElse ha scritto:
> On 24/03/2015 06:03, Luca Delucchi wrote:
>>
>> I would like to know the opinions from so sicilian guys...
>
> Has anyone been able to get in touch with any local mappers from Sicily yet?
> It'd certainly be nice to get their opinion.

I'm a (former) Sicilian mapper. I didn't speak before as I'm living abroad for
a while and basically not mapping in Sicily (also because there is no much
left to map in my former area, thanks to other mappers :), but I followed the
project since the very beginning.

I didn't check all the delete relations, but it seems that the user "simply"
killed all "street" relations, which are still valid, I would say. I know the
user that fixed/created many of them (David Paleino, I tried to contact him
but no answer so far) and I trust him and the accuracy of his work.

Moreover, as already pointed out, a user whose first commit is plain removal
of tons of relations is definitely something strange. Not discussed with the
community too, that's bad.

I personally vote for revert and strictly control of the user (I think he will
try again).

Ciao
--
Luigi