Re: [Talk-us] changeset: 89516909

General Discussion mailing list
Cook County GIS most likely has the most authoritative dataset. You can download it here:

On 8/18/2020 8:51 PM, Mike Thompson wrote:

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 6:42 PM 80hnhtv4agou--- via Talk-us <[hidden email]> wrote:
i will fix anything that i missed but the lines are truth.

and it is not a polygon,
As far as I know, boundary relations have to, in effect, be polygons, in other words, they have to close.

and i broke nothing i fixed what the other guy broke and did it all by hand.
The boundary relation (126598)  is currently broken. for one thing, it doesn't close at the location of Williamsberg Square residential area.

Re: [Talk-us] changeset: 89516909

General Discussion mailing list
Tuesday, August 18, 2020 8:23 PM -05:00 from John D. <[hidden email]>:

i was told i could not use non OSM licenses.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 6:42 PM 80hnhtv4agou--- via Talk-us <talk-us@...> wrote:
i will fix anything that i missed but the lines are truth.

and it is not a polygon,
As far as I know, boundary relations have to, in effect, be polygons, in other words, they have to close.

and i broke nothing i fixed what the other guy broke and did it all by hand.
The boundary relation (126598)  is currently broken. for one thing, it doesn't close at the location of Williamsberg Square residential area.

Re: [Talk-us] changeset: 89516909

General Discussion mailing list
I wasn't saying you should import it. You were disputing about which dataset was more accurate. The County GIS is usually the best. You could compare the 2 in dispute, and use the county data to settle the argument.

Many TIGER Lines are better now but in the past have been greatly scorned for how inaccurate they were.

On 8/18/2020 9:39 PM, 80hnhtv4agou--- via talk wrote:
i was told i could not use do to licence GIS to.

Tuesday, August 18, 2020 8:38 PM -05:00 from Brian M. Sperlongano [hidden email]:

All,

I fixed this boundary relation and also one neighboring town (Wheeling, IL) using the Cook County, Illinois GIS as the data source, and re-used all of the original boundary relations.  Unfortunately it appears that all of Cook County needs to be updated to reflect the county GIS data (found here: https://hub-cookcountyil.opendata.arcgis.com/pages/boundary-open-data).  Those census polygons are fairly close, but different.  The two border towns I checked just north in Lake County appear to line up perfectly with the Cook County data so this might just be a Cook County issue.  This is a start but there's lots of work to do there.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 9:10 PM 80hnhtv4agou--- via Talk-us <talk-us@...> wrote:
lines no relations yes