Re: default style improvements / updated typ-file

Re: default style improvements / updated typ-file

Joris Bo
Hello

My previous typ had 2 bugs (No draworder for new lake 0x41) making lakes invisible and missing wilderniss hut
Both are fixed in attached typ.

There were also a couple of polygons and lines having a night color bitmap, for now I removed them and introduce them again if complete. There is help coming up from Michael to fill that gap.
Feel free to send more findings

Kind regards
Joris

Re: default style improvements / updated typ-file

nwillink

Hi Jorus

You have a draworder for 0x1e without a matching polygon.

(Also, to have 0x53 sharing the same draworder as 0x4b might depending on your map be problematic)

Nick

On 15/01/2019 20:51, Joris Bo wrote:
Hello

My previous typ had 2 bugs (No draworder for new lake 0x41) making lakes invisible and missing wilderniss hut
Both are fixed in attached typ.

There were also a couple of polygons and lines having a night color bitmap, for now I removed them and introduce them again if complete. There is help coming up from Michael to fill that gap.
Feel free to send more findings

Kind regards
Joris

Re: default style improvements / updated typ-file

Joris Bo

Hello

Thx Nick

Attached both issues changed

@Ticker

It was not easy to address a good polygon color for [0x1e] used for ‘historic’

historic=* & historic!=no & historic!=yes & boundary!=* {add name='${historic|subst:"_=> "}'} [0x1e resolution 21]

“Historic” can be used on almost anything from park to building to museum and ruins.

After a compare on ‘Luxembourg’ I decided that ‘building’ is the most common occurrence.

So I choosed the arbritrary color ‘grey’

Maybe you could consider to use poi’s instead of polygons for historic.

If somebody likes a different color, give me a hint.

Kind regards,

Joris

mapnik.typ (26K) Download Attachment
mapnik.txt (152K) Download Attachment

Re: default style improvements / updated typ-file

nwillink

Hi Jorus

Great job!

Just to be a pain, all (I think)  your elements have a one character text string for Basque and Korean:

ie

String5=0x09,
String6=0x24,

Perhaps you had big plans for translating labels into Basque or Korean ;)

Nick

On 16/01/2019 18:56, Joris Bo wrote:

Hello

Thx Nick

Attached both issues changed

@Ticker

It was not easy to address a good polygon color for [0x1e] used for ‘historic’

historic=* & historic!=no & historic!=yes & boundary!=* {add name='${historic|subst:"_=> "}'} [0x1e resolution 21]

“Historic” can be used on almost anything from park to building to museum and ruins.

After a compare on ‘Luxembourg’ I decided that ‘building’ is the most common occurrence.

So I choosed the arbritrary color ‘grey’

Maybe you could consider to use poi’s instead of polygons for historic.

If somebody likes a different color, give me a hint.

Kind regards,

Joris

Re: default style improvements / updated typ-file

Joris Bo

Hello Nick

Thx for your feedback!

I wrote a program to extraxt icons from a master library to be used on different elements in somebodies else his style.

I abuse both language tags as exchange-fields to keep track of mother / child relationships.

In the final export, those fields are cleared, but you just find out that this is not bullet proof 😊

Thx, I’ll have a look

Re: default style improvements / updated typ-file

Wesley Martins
Hello Joris,

I have interest in help with portuguese (0x10) translate.
How can I help?

Regards,

Wesley

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 7:04 AM Joris Bo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Nick

Thx for your feedback!

I wrote a program to extraxt icons from a master library to be used on different elements in somebodies else his style.

I abuse both language tags as exchange-fields to keep track of mother / child relationships.

In the final export, those fields are cleared, but you just find out that this is not bullet proof 😊

Thx, I’ll have a look

Re: default style improvements / updated typ-file

Joris Bo

Hi Wesley,

That’s very kind, thank you.

Attached an excel with the exported translations up to r4262

Just add a column for any new language

As long as the sortorder column remains intact it should be pretty easy to merge them into a new export.

Kind regards, Joris

20190119 Translations r4262.xlsx (32K) Download Attachment

Re: default style improvements / updated typ-file

Ralf Kleineisel
Hi,

On 1/19/19 11:38 AM, Joris Bo wrote:

> That’s very kind, thank you.
>
> Attached an excel with the exported translations up to r4262
>
> Just add a column for any new language

I just corrected a few issues in the german column.

20190119b Translations r4262.xlsx (25K) Download Attachment

Re: default style improvements / updated typ-file

Joris Bo
Super Ralf, Danke!
Habe es schon verarbeitet

Gr Joris

> Attached an excel with the exported translations up to r4262
>
> Just add a column for any new language

I just corrected a few issues in the german column.

Re: default style improvements / updated typ-file

Wesley Martins
Hello Joris,

Attached is the portuguese translation.
Added column for portuguese and sortorder column is intact. ;D

Regards

Wesley

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 9:08 AM Joris Bo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Super Ralf, Danke!
Habe es schon verarbeitet

Gr Joris

portuguese.xlsx (28K) Download Attachment

> Attached an excel with the exported translations up to r4262
>
> Just add a column for any new language

I just corrected a few issues in the german column.

20190119b_Translations_r4262_italiano.xlsx (29K) Download Attachment

Re: default style improvements / updated typ-file

Ticker Berkin-2
Hi

Sorry about the delay in replying.

I couldn't decide on a good colour for Historic either, and, at the
moment, I use the same colour for Building, Historic and Amenity.

I think the default style should output them as polygons not POI. A typ
-file can consider not rendering these polygons.

Ticker

On Wed, 2019-01-16 at 18:56 +0000, Joris Bo wrote:

> Hello
>
> Thx Nick
> Attached both issues changed
>
> @Ticker
> It was not easy to address a good polygon color for [0x1e] used for
> ‘historic’
> historic=* & historic!=no & historic!=yes & boundary!=* {add
> name='${historic|subst:"_=> "}'} [0x1e resolution 21]
>
> “Historic” can be used on almost anything from park to building to
> museum and ruins.
> After a compare on ‘Luxembourg’ I decided that ‘building’ is the most
> common occurrence.
> So I choosed the arbritrary color ‘grey’
>
> Maybe you could consider to use poi’s instead of polygons for
> historic.
> If somebody likes a different color, give me a hint.
>
> Kind regards,
> Joris

Re: default style improvements / updated typ-file

Joris Bo

Grazie mille, Lorenzo