Re: [osmosis-dev] Osmosis 0.46 Release

dev Yogurt
Hi Brett/all,

I've been using osmosis to convert OSM files from .pbf to .osm without problems.
However, using today's extract, osmosis 0.46 just quits with an error:

SEVERE: Thread for task 1-read-pbf failed
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index:0, Size:0
        at com.google.protobuf.IntArrayList.ensureIndexInRange(IntArrayList.java:263)
        at com.google.protobuf.IntArrayList.getInt(IntArrayList.java:131)
        at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.osmbinary.Osmformat$DenseInfo.getUid(Osmformat.java:6277)
        at crosby.binary.osmosis.OsmosisBinaryParser.parseDense(OsmosisBinaryParser.java:119)
        at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.osmbinary.BinaryParser.parse(BinaryParser.java:124)
        at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.osmbinary.BinaryParser.handleBlock(BinaryParser.java:68)
        at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.osmbinary.file.FileBlock.process(FileBlock.java:135)
        at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.osmbinary.file.BlockInputStream.process(BlockInputStream.java:34)
        at crosby.binary.osmosis.OsmosisReader.run(OsmosisReader.java:45)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The command-line is simply --read-pbf hungary-latest.osm.pbf --write-xml hungary-latest.osm

Version 0.45 gives a different error.

Before filing a bug report, I'm asking here if such an issue is already known, or if you see any user errors or workarounds, or if there's a problem with the .pbf file (generated by osmium 1.8.0).

Greets,
Yogurt

Re: [osmosis-dev] Osmosis 0.46 Release

Frederik Ramm
Hi,

On 04.05.2018 11:21, dev Yogurt wrote:
> The file I'm trying to convert is
> https://download.geofabrik.de/europe/hungary-latest.osm.pbf

... which, since yesterday, does not contain user names, user IDs, or
changeset IDs any longer. That is probably the core of the issue.

We've made that change on the Geofabrik server to comply with data
protection rules. The "old" file with full user info is still available as

https://osm-internaldownload.geofabrik.de/europe/hungary-latest-internal.osm.pbf

and requires a login to access.

I fear that we were a bit too optimistic making this change; there's
just too much software out there that cannot cope with missing
attributes. We'll likely change this, and set uid=0, username="",
changeset=0 instead of dropping them altogether.

Bye
Frederik