Regarding Map Completeness

Michel Barakat
Hey folks,

First, I'd just like to thank you for releasing the new API and tools.
I'm particularly fan of the Map Style Editor and can't wait to give it a try.

I'm currently working, within an academic research scope, on methods
for improving user collaboration for OpenStreetMap users.
One of the topic I'm dealing with is the evaluation of map
completeness for OSM data.
I've noticed, on the Map Style Editor demo page, the "POI
Completeness" and "Road Length Completeness" tabs under "Statistics".
Could you please describe how those two figures are evaluated? And
whether they are a good indicator for the uniform quality distribution
(that is all areas are equal in map quality) across the country in
question?

Cheers
Michel