Remote mapping of Thredbo and Perisher areas

Remote mapping of Thredbo and Perisher areas

A German has been remote mapping this area - he has not been there. I thought he was working the ski season there ... so I let it go.

He has mapped some areas as 'wetland'. I have only walked occasionally here and then not noted any wetland.

The LPI Base Map shows no wetland here.

One example Relation: 9919734

Comments?

Phase change material
Phase change material
Phase change material
Phase change material
Phase change material

Re: Remote mapping of Thredbo and Perisher areas

forster
 From memory its rocks and heath, random rivulets hidden under the
heath but not wetland

He has also been adding glacial lakes that I never new existed Way: 713143979

Tony

> Hi,
>
> A German has been remote mapping this area - he has not been there. I
> thought he was working the ski season there ... so I let it go.
>

> He has mapped some areas as 'wetland'. I have only walked occasionally
> here and then not noted any wetland.
>
> The LPI Base Map shows no wetland here.
>
> One example Relation: 9919734
>

> Comments?
>
> Phase change material
> Phase change material
> Phase change material
> Phase change material
> Phase change material

Re: Remote mapping of Thredbo and Perisher areas

Warin
On 23/08/19 20:42, [hidden email] wrote:
> From memory its rocks and heath, random rivulets hidden under the
> heath but not wetland
>
> He has also been adding glacial lakes that I never new existed Way:
> 713143979

On the LPI Imagery there is what appears to be water there, but it is
probably some bush when viewed with Ersi clarity.  Also some 'cliff'
lines above the 'lake' and no cliff there.

> Tony
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A German has been remote mapping this area - he has not been there. I
>> thought he was working the ski season there ... so I let it go.
>>

>> He has mapped some areas as 'wetland'. I have only walked occasionally
>> here and then not noted any wetland.
>>
>> The LPI Base Map shows no wetland here.
>>
>> One example Relation: 9919734
>>

>> Comments?
>>
>> Phase change material
>> Phase change material
>> Phase change material
>> Phase change material
>> Phase change material

Re: Remote mapping of Thredbo and Perisher areas

adam steer
I can check in a couple of days, I'm pretty familiar with that region, I think lots of others here will be also :)

Regards,

Adam