Rendering OSM carto from epsg:4326 database

Rendering OSM carto from epsg:4326 database

Sven Geggus
Hello,

I just got stuck while trying to render osm-carto style from a database
imported epsg:in 4326 format.

I just changed the following:

osm2pgsql: &osm2pgsql
  type: "postgis"
  dbname: "gis"
  key_field: ""
  geometry_field: "way"
  extent: "-20037508,-20037508,20037508,20037508"

osm2pgsql: &osm2pgsql
  type: "postgis"
  dbname: "gis"
  key_field: ""
  geometry_field: "way"
  extent: *world
  srs-name: "WGS84"
  srs: "+proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +no_defs"

This does not seem to work.

Will I need to do more?
E.g. change "way" to "ST_transform(way) as way" or something?

Output should still bee in Web Mercator.

Regards

Sven

--
"If you don't make lower-resolution mapping data publicly
available, there will be people with their cars and GPS

Re: Rendering OSM carto from epsg:4326 database

Frederik Ramm
Hi,

On 11.09.19 17:39, Sven Geggus wrote:
> This does not seem to work.

One thing that is likely to break is any queries that are based on the
content of way_area ("WHERE way_area > somevalue"). You'll either have
to make all these limits much smaller with a script, or use the
--reproject-area osm2pgsql flag on import.

(Or potentially run an update on your existing database the
re-calculates all the way_area values based on a reprojected polygon.)

There might be other issues - how exactly does it not work?

Bye
Frederik

Frederik Ramm <[hidden email]> wrote:

> (Or potentially run an update on your existing database the
> re-calculates all the way_area values based on a reprojected polygon.)
>
> There might be other issues - how exactly does it not work?

I get empty tiles thus I expect a reprojection issue.

Sven

--
Threading is a performance hack.
(The Art of Unix Programming by Eric S. Raymond)

/me is giggls@ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web