Rendering roundabouts

Brett Russell
Hi

I swear blind that my roundabouts were rendered in my img file but can not be sure but when I was trying to get to the bottom of the find feature not working on my Rino but is on my 62S I found that my roundabouts not working.

In the lines style this appears

# Roundabouts [ BER 27.08.2013 changed line type to match road type]
# ------------------------------------------------------------------
junction=roundabout & highway=trunk [0x02 road_class=3 road_speed=2 resolution 15-17]
junction=roundabout & highway=primary [0x03 road_class=3 road_speed=2 resolution 17-18]
junction=roundabout & highway=secondary [0x04 road_class=2 road_speed=2 resolution 17-19]
junction=roundabout & highway=tertiary [0x05 road_class=1 road_speed=1 resolution 20]
junction=roundabout & highway=minor [0x06 road_class=1 road_speed=1 resolution 20]
junction=roundabout & highway=unclassified [0x06 road_class=1 road_speed=1 resolution 20]
junction=roundabout & highway=residential [0x06 road_class=1 road_speed=1 resolution 20]
junction=roundabout [0x0c road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 22]

But in the img file the roundabout is not rendered.  I am using mkgmap version r2178.  I am using a type file.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers

Brett

Re: Rendering roundabouts

Gerd Petermann
Hi Brett,

are you missing all roundabouts or just a special one?
If all are missing: Maybe the lines appear to late in your lines file?
Special one: Very small roundabouts might be "killed" by short-arc-
removal.

Gerd

Brett Russell wrote
[...]

Hi Gerd

Here is a link to the style plus typ files and the bat file that runs mkgmap.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D994A45D28184300!429&authkey=!AIBOaFZXQbC32jo

I moved the roundabout up to the first line but no effect.

I no longer use short-arc removal as I believe that this option no longer is needed.

I am missing all roundabouts as per the img file.

As mentioned I thought I had fixed this issue as they once did appear but maybe I was wrong.

Oh, and yes I am using Windows 7 while I am gradually developing Linux skills.

Cheers Brett

> Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 00:58:06 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Rendering roundabouts
>
> Hi Brett,
>
> are you missing all roundabouts or just a special one?
> If all are missing: Maybe the lines appear to late in your lines file?
> Special one: Very small roundabouts might be "killed" by short-arc-
> removal.
>
> Gerd
>

> Brett Russell wrote
> > Hi
> > I swear blind that my roundabouts were rendered in my img file but can not
> > be sure but when I was trying to get to the bottom of the find feature not
> > working on my Rino but is on my 62S I found that my roundabouts not
> > working.
> > In the lines style this appears
> > # Roundabouts [ BER 27.08.2013 changed line type to match road type]#
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------junction=roundabout
> > & highway=trunk [0x02 road_class=3 road_speed=2 resolution
> > 15-17]junction=roundabout & highway=primary [0x03 road_class=3
> > road_speed=2 resolution 17-18]junction=roundabout & highway=secondary
> > [0x04 road_class=2 road_speed=2 resolution 17-19]junction=roundabout &
> > highway=tertiary [0x05 road_class=1 road_speed=1 resolution
> > 20]junction=roundabout & highway=minor [0x06 road_class=1 road_speed=1
> > resolution 20]junction=roundabout & highway=unclassified [0x06
> > road_class=1 road_speed=1 resolution 20]junction=roundabout &
> > highway=residential [0x06 road_class=1 road_speed=1 resolution
> > 20]junction=roundabout [0x0c road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution
> > 22]
> > But in the img file the roundabout is not rendered. I am using mkgmap
> > version r2178. I am using a type file.
> > Any pointers would be appreciated.
> > Cheers
> > Brett

Re: Rendering roundabouts

Gerd Petermann
Hi Brett,

missed that in the first post:
You render most of the roundabouts only for very low resolutions (e.g. 17-19)
So, they are not routable and they probably are not rendered because they
are too small.

Gerd

Brett Russell wrote
Hi Gerd
Here is a link to the style plus typ files and the bat file that runs mkgmap.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D994A45D28184300!429&authkey=!AIBOaFZXQbC32jo
I moved the roundabout up to the first line but no effect.
I no longer use short-arc removal as I believe that this option no longer is needed.
I am missing all roundabouts as per the img file.
As mentioned I thought I had fixed this issue as they once did appear but maybe I was wrong.
Oh, and yes I am using Windows 7 while I am gradually developing Linux skills.
Cheers Brett

> Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 00:58:06 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Rendering roundabouts
>
> Hi Brett,
>
> are you missing all roundabouts or just a special one?
> If all are missing: Maybe the lines appear to late in your lines file?
> Special one: Very small roundabouts might be "killed" by short-arc-
> removal.
>
> Gerd
>

> Brett Russell wrote
> > Hi
> > I swear blind that my roundabouts were rendered in my img file but can not
> > be sure but when I was trying to get to the bottom of the find feature not
> > working on my Rino but is on my 62S I found that my roundabouts not
> > working.
> > In the lines style this appears
> > # Roundabouts [ BER 27.08.2013 changed line type to match road type]#
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------junction=roundabout
> > & highway=trunk [0x02 road_class=3 road_speed=2 resolution
> > 15-17]junction=roundabout & highway=primary [0x03 road_class=3
> > road_speed=2 resolution 17-18]junction=roundabout & highway=secondary
> > [0x04 road_class=2 road_speed=2 resolution 17-19]junction=roundabout &
> > highway=tertiary [0x05 road_class=1 road_speed=1 resolution
> > 20]junction=roundabout & highway=minor [0x06 road_class=1 road_speed=1
> > resolution 20]junction=roundabout & highway=unclassified [0x06
> > road_class=1 road_speed=1 resolution 20]junction=roundabout &
> > highway=residential [0x06 road_class=1 road_speed=1 resolution
> > 20]junction=roundabout [0x0c road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution
> > 22]
> > But in the img file the roundabout is not rendered.  I am using mkgmap
> > version r2178.  I am using a type file.
> > Any pointers would be appreciated.
> > Cheers
> > Brett

Re: Rendering roundabouts

Brett Russell
Hi Gerd

Seek and you shall find.  The issue comes about from using a resolution range as below,

This does not work
junction=roundabout & highway=trunk  [0x02 road_class=3 road_speed=2 resolution 15-17]

This works
junction=roundabout & highway=trunk [0x02 road_class=3 road_speed=2 resolution 15]

So mystery solved.  The use of a resolution range works for normal highways but not for roundabouts for some reason.

Cheers Brett