Quantcast

Reverse X/Y selection into WFS 1.1.0 connector

Reverse X/Y selection into WFS 1.1.0 connector

Rahkonen Jukka
Hi,

It looks like Kosmo does not handle the axis order mess with WFS 1.1.0 and it draws for example EPSG:4326 maps rotated.  I know it is a huge work to handle the axis order properly for all the thousands of different CRSs.  However, in the WFS connector of Gaia 3.4 there is a very simple but working solution, a check box "Reverse X/Y". If user selects this option the coordinates are switched from easting-northing to northing-easting when parsing the GML that is coming from WFS.

What do you think, wouldn't it be useful to have such a check box in Kosmo too?

I little bit similar issues are arising from WMS 1.3.0. It would be good to have a selector for the WMS version to be used. Now Kosmo selects automatically the highest version that is supported by the server.

-Jukka Rahkonen-_______________________________________________
Kosmo_int mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.saig.es/mailman/listinfo/kosmo_int

Re: Reverse X/Y selection into WFS 1.1.0 connector

Sergio Baños Calvo
Hi Jukka.

One question about the axis order: should it be the behaviour for all the layers in geographic srs (lat/lon) or only for a specific list of them? Anyway, the solution you are talking about seems more appropiate and it wouldn't be hard to add it :).

The WMS version selector is planned to be added for the next version :).

Regards,

--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Reverse X/Y selection into WFS 1.1.0 connector

Rahkonen Jukka
Hi,

Situation is very messy.  It is not that only geographic crs can have reversed axis order.  Lots of Gauss-Kruger systems have it as well, like the old Finnish series of EPSG:2391-2394.  WGS84-UTM is easting-northing while ETRS-UTM is northing-easting and so on.
Mapserver folks programmed a list of northing-easting systems and the list is about 1500 rows long. Thus it would be very hard to make it to work automaticly and right. I would suggest that user could always select to reverse X/Y.

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Vastaanottaja: International Kosmo mailing list (english languaje)
Aihe: Re: [Kosmo_int] Reverse X/Y selection into WFS 1.1.0 connector

[...]

[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
http://lists.saig.es/mailman/listinfo/kosmo_int

--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Reverse X/Y selection into WFS 1.1.0 connector

Sergio Baños Calvo
Hi,

yes, you're right: is very messy :(. I think we will add that user option as first step and we'll check if we could add the list for automatic option selection later.

Regards,

El 22/06/2011 9:33, Rahkonen Jukka escribió:
[...]

[hidden email][hidden email]
http://lists.saig.es/mailman/listinfo/kosmo_int

--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email][hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Some questions about Kosmo source

Giuseppe Aruta
Hi Kosmo List,

I am studing Kosmo source code on these days and I am quite interesting about some features of the software:
a) after drawn a feature(point, line, etc), after double click, that feature remains edited (this feature was not present on original Jump source neither on other Jump derived: OpenJUMP, SkyJump, etc)
b) Kosmo is able to display on the view bar, not only the name of the view (Project) but also the CRS
c) The layer tree, on the left, can be modified: on layer tree Kosmo shows the zoom ratio of the view (project).

Which part of the sources are invoked for these features? I like to integrate these feature (or part of them) to other Jump software.

thank you for the answer

Giuseppe Aruta

Re: Some questions about Kosmo source

Sergio Baños Calvo
Hi Giuseppe.

I will try to point you to the places where you can find the source related with each feature:

a) after drawn a feature(point, line, etc), after double click, that feature remains edited (this feature was not present on original Jump source neither on other Jump derived: OpenJUMP, SkyJump, etc)

com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.cursortool.editing.FeatureDrawinUtil, method createAddCommand( Geometry geometry, boolean rollingBackEdits,
            LayerViewPanel layerViewPanel, AbstractCursorTool tool, Layer targetLayer, String[] fields, Object[] values )

b) Kosmo is able to display on the view bar, not only the name of the view (Project) but also the CRS

com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.TaskFrame, method updateTitle()

c) The layer tree, on the left, can be modified: on layer tree Kosmo shows the zoom ratio of the view (project).

com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.TaskFrame
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.TreeLayerNamePanel
org.saig.jump.widgets.scale.ScalePanel

If you need more info about any of them in particular, just ask again ;).

Regards,

El 26/07/2011 11:11, Giuseppe Aruta escribió:
[...]

Hi Sergio,
thank you very much about these informations. I am also working about a measure toolbox for Kosmo: measure angles, measure angles to north, annotate distance, etc. I saw on Kosmo source code that SAIG team was working around some tools like those and It made my job easier ( I used some part bof Kosmo source code). I wonder if SAIG project is to develop other measure tools in the future.

regards and thanks again

Giuseppe Aruta

Re: Some questions about Kosmo source

Sergio Baños Calvo
Hi Giuseppe.

It's great to know about your developments :). Currently there isn't any improvements planned for measuring tools in SAIG (as you already know, it also depends on the new projects we'd develop in the future).

If you need any help with the tools, don't hesitate to ask again :).

Regards,