Routing internationalization

Alexander Lysenko-3-3
Hello,

I'm from CloudMade team and want to share with you one undocumented feature of Routing service - internationalization.

By default routing uses English language for turn-by-turn route guidance. You can specify language by passing lang parameter to routing request, e.g. en - English, de - German. If language is not supported there are several steps to add it.

1. Create file Message_(lang).properties where lang is ISO 2 characters code for language, e.g. Message_de.properties. Here you can find template. The encoding of a .properties file is Latin-1. All non-Latin-1 characters must be entered by using Unicode escape characters, e. g. \uHHHH where HHHH is a hexadecimal index of the character in the Unicode character set. A non-Latin-1 text file can be converted to a correct .properties file by using the native2ascii tool that is shipped with the JDK.

2. Create issue at Issue Tracker and attach .properties file and description of the translation. Issue name should contain [i18n] tag,
e.g. [i18n] German translation. Required fields: Subject, Description and Files.

3. We will be add this file to the weekly update to the server and resolve issue.

Best regards

---
Alex Lysenko,
Senior Server-Side Developer, CloudMade

Re: Routing internationalization

Walter Nordmann
Alexander Lysenko-3-3 wrote
You can specify language by passing lang parameter to routing request, e.g.
en - English, de - German.
Hi Alexander,

could you please give a little example? got the examples running and would like to do routing in german.

regards

walter

need just the "modified statement"
[url=http://osm.wno-edv-service.de/residentials] Missing Residentials Map 1.17[/url] [url=http://osm.wno-edv-service.de/plz] Postcode Map 2.0.2[/url]

Re: Routing internationalization - solved

Walter Nordmann
got it (after rtfm...)

   directions.loadFromWaypoints(waypoints, {lang:'de'} );

regards
walter

sorry, i'm newbee
[url=http://osm.wno-edv-service.de/residentials] Missing Residentials Map 1.17[/url] [url=http://osm.wno-edv-service.de/plz] Postcode Map 2.0.2[/url]

Re: Routing internationalization

aiza
My plan is to use CM services on mobile devices. For now, I'm only testing it - and this may happen on a mobile test device and of course on the developer platform, which is a desktop.