Routing is not workng

Pazapas
Hello,

Route calculation in MacOS Basecamp latest version is not working  with the map I generate. I use to build my map since many years and it seems that my problem appears last year around May. As I customize the style and I manage my maps with some layers, I checked it with the default style, the latest version of mkgmap and Ireland OSM data deom Geofabrik without my additionnal layers. The result is the same : route calculation is not working in the latest Basecamp version for MacOS. Could anyone give me a clew to solve this problem ?

David

Compilation options include route, bound,  drive-on-left, option to add some POI for access to motorways... and I produce a custom TYP built with my own software.

Re: Routing is not workng

Gerd Petermann
Hi David,

maybe try an older version of Basecamp? The Mapinstaller that comes with the latest version for Windows doesn't work with
our maps, so maybe Garmin starts to remove support for the old img format used by mkgmap.

Gerd

Re: Routing is not workng

Apollinaris Schöll
Works for me with latest mkgmap 4286 and latest Basecamp 4.8.3
btw Basecamp may be different if downloaded trough App Store from direct download from Garmin.
Tested with default style. And mostly default options.

On May 15, 2019, at 1:12 PM, Gerd Petermann <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Apollinaris,

@David: Please share more information. As a start maybe post a link to one tile - you can upload to http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/ - and a *.gdb file that contains the route (file->export) that doesn't work. If routing doesn't work at all you may simply have a problem with the order of options.

Gerd