Running out of memory

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Running out of memory

Ageel .I.BUSHARA
Dear all

I'm using JGRASS (uDig) and it was working. Now I want to have the drainage direction map from the DEM, first I have to create the map of flow direction. The program does not create the flow direction map and I have this message:

Working on h.flow
Reading map PIT
WARNING: JGrass went out of memory, consider to supply more memory to the process.

null

null

My question is that why I'm running out of memory and what to do to avoid that.


Thanks
Ageel

--- On Thu, 2/5/09, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> From: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
> Subject: JGrass-users Digest, Vol 12, Issue 2
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 2:00 PM
> Send JGrass-users mailing list submissions to
> [hidden email]
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body
> 'help' to
> [hidden email]
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> [hidden email]
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more
> specific
> than "Re: Contents of JGrass-users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: JGrass-users Digest, Vol 12, Issue 1 (Alexandre
> Amorim)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 13:27:41 -0200
> From: Alexandre Amorim <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [JGrass-users] JGrass-users Digest, Vol 12,
> Issue 1
> To: [hidden email]
> Message-ID:
> <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Good one!
> I too do this.
> A good idea was a "close button" inside the
> dialogue.
>
> 2009/2/4 <[hidden email]>
>
> > Send JGrass-users mailing list submissions to
> >        [hidden email]
> >
> > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web,
> visit
> >      
> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-users
> > or, via email, send a message with subject or body
> 'help' to
> >        [hidden email]
> >
> > You can reach the person managing the list at
> >        [hidden email]
> >
> > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is
> more specific
> > than "Re: Contents of JGrass-users
> digest..."
> >
> >
> > Today's Topics:
> >
> >   1.  Raster Quey tool (iomeneandrei)
> >
> >
> >
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 1
> > Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 04:05:54 -0800 (PST)
> > From: iomeneandrei <[hidden email]>
> > Subject: [JGrass-users]  Raster Quey tool
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Message-ID:
> <[hidden email]>
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
> >
> >
> > Dear all,
> > how is it possible to delete the info boxes created
> from Raster Quey tool?
> > I'm able to do it. selecting the pan tool and
> clicking on them. Is it the
> > right way?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > a
> >
> > -----
> > Andrea Borruso
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------
> > email: [hidden email]
> > website: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> > my 2.0 life: http://aborruso.storytlr.com/
> > feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Tanto
> > 38? 7' 48" N, 13? 21' 9" E
> > ----------------------------------------------------
> > --
> > View this message in context:
> >
> http://n2.nabble.com/Raster-Quey-tool-tp2262947p2262947.html
> > Sent from the JGrass-users -- List for jgrass users
> mailing list archive at
> > Nabble.com.
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > JGrass-users mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> >
> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-users
> >
> >
> > End of JGrass-users Digest, Vol 12, Issue 1
> > *******************************************
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://dev.fsc.bz.it/pipermail/jgrass-users/attachments/20090204/8dcf104c/attachment.html
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> JGrass-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-users
>
>
> End of JGrass-users Digest, Vol 12, Issue 2
> *******************************************


     
_______________________________________________
JGrass-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Running out of memory

Silvia Franceschi-2
Ciao Ageel,
the reasons for running out of memory can be different:
1. you have a big map
2. you have a laptop with too few RAM memory
3. you are not setting the active region
4. you are not supplying enough memory to JGrass

Probably it is one of these reasons, try to check and let us know what
you find.

Silvia


> Dear all
>
> I'm using JGRASS (uDig) and it was working. Now I want to have the drainage direction map from the DEM, first I have to create the map of flow direction. The program does not create the flow direction map and I have this message:
>
> Working on h.flow
> Reading map PIT
> WARNING: JGrass went out of memory, consider to supply more memory to the process.
>
> null
>
> null
>
> My question is that why I'm running out of memory and what to do to avoid that.
>
>
> Thanks
> Ageel
>
>    
_______________________________________________
JGrass-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-users