Scale in JOSM editor

Roger Calvert
A simple question - I hope there is a simple answer!

Is there a way of showing a scale (feet, miles, metres ...) on the main JOSM edit screen? This would assist greatly in assessing the significance of differences between tracks, background imagery, etc.

Thanks,

Roger

Re: Scale in JOSM editor

Gerhardus Geldenhuis
Hi Roger,
I have a scale bar showing in the top left hand corner. It is visible in both expert and non-expert mode.  I could not find a way to turn it off so I don't believe you accidentally turned it off. Other than that I am not sure.

Regards

On 13 December 2013 15:21, Roger Calvert <[hidden email]> wrote:
A simple question - I hope there is a simple answer!

Is there a way of showing a scale (feet, miles, metres ...) on the main JOSM edit screen? This would assist greatly in assessing the significance of differences between tracks, background imagery, etc.

Thanks,

Roger

Gerhardus Geldenhuis

Re: Scale in JOSM editor

Clifford Snow

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 7:21 AM, Roger Calvert <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is there a way of showing a scale (feet, miles, metres ...) on the main JOSM edit screen? This would assist greatly in assessing the significance of differences between tracks, background imagery, etc.

There is a plugin, measurement, that might work. For the plugin to work, select a way or area. The tool will give you back information about length and area. The measurements are metric. If you want imperial, you'll need to make a change to your preferences.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch