Script for extracting rainfall at defined points from rainfall maps

Script for extracting rainfall at defined points from rainfall maps

Ageel .I.BUSHARA

Dear all

I have raster maps of rainfall cover my study basin. The rainfall is measured on hourly time step and the rainfall maps have the format p0101200300, p0101200301, …etc. The p stands for precipitation and the time format is (month-day-year-hour). These hourly rainfall maps is imported to JGRASS. On the other hand I have 45 points inside the basin with known coordinates.. I created an xy file for these 45 points and I created a vector map for these 45 points in JGRASS. Then I converted the vector map to a raster map. At each point (of the 45) I want to know the amount of precipitation in every time step (hour). Is any one has scrip to do this. Thanks in advance.

Ageel

Re: Script for extracting rainfall at defined points from rainfall maps

Emanuele Cordano
Daer Ageel,

 I have not found any specific scrippts for your personal pupose until now. I suggest you to see some link:

this is a script where in a loop certain maps with a common root name are imported. In the attached script which is poorly commented (sorry!), you can find how to extract the values contained in a line from a series of map at different timesteps. I hope this tools is useful to be adapted to your script.

cheers

Emanuele

Emanuele Cordano
DICA/CUDAM - Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile e Ambientale
Stanza/Room 402
Universita' degli Studi di Trento
Via Mesiano 77 - 38100 Povo (Trento)
Tel: +39 0461 88 2610
Fax: +39 0461 88 2672

On Oct 15, 2009, at 12:47 PM, Ageel .I.BUSHARA wrote:

Dear all

I have raster maps of rainfall cover my study basin. The rainfall is measured on hourly time step and the rainfall maps have the format p0101200300, p0101200301, …etc. The p stands for precipitation and the time format is (month-day-year-hour). These hourly rainfall maps is imported to JGRASS. On the other hand I have 45 points inside the basin with known coordinates.. I created an xy file for these 45 points and I created a vector map for these 45 points in JGRASS. Then I converted the vector map to a raster map. At each point (of the 45) I want to know the amount of precipitation in every time step (hour). Is any one has scrip to do this. Thanks in advance.

Ageel

slope_xt.jgrass (3K) Download Attachment