Quantcast

Script for extracting rainfall at defined points from rainfall maps

Script for extracting rainfall at defined points from rainfall maps

Ageel .I.BUSHARA

Dear all

I have raster maps of rainfall cover my study basin. The rainfall is measured on hourly time step and the rainfall maps have the format p0101200300, p0101200301, …etc. The p stands for precipitation and the time format is (month-day-year-hour). These hourly rainfall maps is imported to JGRASS. On the other hand I have 45 points inside the basin with known coordinates. I created an xy file for these 45 points and I created a vector map for these 45 points in JGRASS. Then I converted the vector map to a raster map. At each point (of the 45) I want to know the amount of precipitation in every time step (hour). Is any one has scrip to do this. Thanks in advance.

Ageel