Second Brisbane mapping party

Hugh Barnes
I think this duty befell on me for being late to the first one …

It's on again! Huge! Huge!

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Brisbane/Mapping_Party/2008-11

I urge Brisbane mappers and visitors to participate in wikiplanning the
November mapping party. As the first order, please help me to pick a date that
suits the most people.

As your second priority, fill in other details and thoughts – that's less work
for me.

Looking forward to doing this again with more participants.

And a big thanks to David for organising the difficult inaugural party. More of
these should be taking place around the country.

Cheers - Hugh

Re: Second Brisbane mapping party

Hugh Barnes
On Wednesday 22 October 2008, 08:19:21, Hugh Barnes did write:
> I think this duty befell on me for being late to the first one …
>
> It's on again! Huge! Huge!
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Brisbane/Mapping_Party/2008-11
>
> I urge Brisbane mappers and visitors to participate in wikiplanning the
> November mapping party. As the first order, please help me to pick a date
that suits the most people.

If I get no objections by tomorrow, it looks like I will just decree that
Wednesday October 19 is it.

Even if you're not sure, it would be reassuring to get a little more interest.
I had a call yesterday from someone from out of town who is interested in
coming along. I thought specifically mentioning visitors to Brisbane in my
announcement was a bit of a stretch, but there you go…

Cheers

Re: Second Brisbane mapping party - *Possibility of postponement*

Hugh Barnes
Brisbane mappers

Just to let you know, I'm considering postponing the mapping party this coming
Wednesday night. The reason is possibility of storms. If there is any chance
of something like last night's little tempest, then the event probably won't
work well. I am thinking that even if it is raining, it won't be particularly
pleasant.

Please look out for an announcement either way tomorrow night. It will be
influenced by discussion on the wiki and the updated forecast:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Brisbane/Mapping_Party/2008-11#Update:_Possible_postponement

Please add your thoughts if you were planning to come.

The slightly overshadowed good news is that the meeting venue has been decided
(I overlooked that bit of planning) – when it happens, it's outside the
Balmoral Cinema, 162 Oxford Street, Bulimba.

Cheers

Re: Second Brisbane mapping party - *Possibility of postponement*

Hugh Barnes
On Monday 17 November 2008, 21:19:05, Hugh Barnes did write:
> Brisbane mappers
>
> Just to let you know, I'm considering postponing the mapping party this
coming
> Wednesday night. The reason is possibility of storms.

Yep, the forecast is dodgy however you look at it. Therefore the party is
postponed until next Wednesday, other details all the same. I am about to
update the wiki calendar and page.

I am going to make sure everyone who has put their name down is notified. It
would be helpful while I update the wiki if you email me privately to
acknowledge you got the news. Also, if you know of anyone who expressed an
interest but didn't "sign up", please try to let them know.

See you next Wednesday, Thor willing!

Hugh

Re: Second Brisbane mapping party - *Possibility of postponement*

Hugh Barnes
On 21:07:59 18 Nov 2008, Hugh Barnes did write:

> See you next Wednesday, Thor willing!

The forecasts seem to indicate that the worst we can expect is a few showers
tomorrow night. This is not ideal but I'd like to go ahead. I figure we can
just regroup and eat drink and be mappy under cover if it's too wet. There's
always next month.

In the event the weather starts looking awful in the afternoon, please keep my
phone number (0417-469552) handy to confirm whether we'll go ahead.

One thing that may affect anyone planning to take the CityCat is that they are
not operating at night right now because of debris in the river. The last
apparently leaves Riverside at 6pm. (I would provide the link but the URL
contains the date and the old ones break every day - pure genius).

Now I'm going to update the wiki etc.

Cheers