Segregated foot-cycle path with different surfaces

Segregated foot-cycle path with different surfaces

voschix
How do I correctly tag this way: OSM way 434742113Mapillary image
It's a segregated bidirectional foot-cycleway:
highway=path
bicycle=designated
foot=designated
segregated=yes
onewy=no
Its overall width is
width=4
It's illuminated
lit=yes
Its surface is ok:
smoothness=good
I want to indicate the relative position of foot and cycle lanes:
lanes=2
bicycle:lanes=no|yes
foot:lanes=yes|no
I'm tempted to extend this approach  to the surface and width as well:
surface:lanes=asphalt|fine_gravel
width:lanes=1.5|2.5

Is this tagging correct? Are there (better) alternatives?

Re: Segregated foot-cycle path with different surfaces

Tagging mailing list

Hi Volker,

this looks like a valid solution to me.
Slight additions/corrections:

don't use "lanes=2" as this is for fully fledged carrigeways.

Also, you might want to use:
bicycle:lanes=no|designated
foot:lanes=designated|no

and maybe add a general "overall" tag