Server Down ?

manfred.haiduk

Hi all

today i tried to get sea.zip and bounds.zip files from http://osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/sea/latest/ and i get no connection. Is this server down or do we have to use another address ?

Re: Server Down ?

Arndt Röhrig

Hi @all,

the server is still down. Who is the owner? How do you get this data now?

Helpless greets

Arndt

Manfred Haiduk <[hidden email]> hat am 6. Oktober 2018 um 16:55 geschrieben:

Hi all

today i tried to get sea.zip and bounds.zip files from http://osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/sea/latest/ and i get no connection. Is this server down or do we have to use another address ?

Re: Server Down ?

nwillink

Hi

The following seems very similar and exists

http://osm.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/

On 11/10/2018 11:31, Manfred Haiduk wrote:

From the url i guess it should be the University of Wuppertal

Am 11.10.2018 um 12:17 schrieb Arndt Röhrig:

Hi @all,

the server is still down. Who is the owner? How do you get this data now?

Helpless greets

Arndt

Manfred Haiduk [hidden email] hat am 6. Oktober 2018 um 16:55 geschrieben:

Hi all

today i tried to get sea.zip and bounds.zip files from http://osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/sea/latest/ and i get no connection. Is this server down or do we have to use another address ?

Re: Server Down ?

DD8KQ

I think, thats the default entry page from the server, no content but it states only :

It works!

This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

May be, they have had a severe error and they try to start a new server now with this address ?

Am 11.10.2018 um 19:18 schrieb osm@pinns:

Hi

The following seems very similar and exists

http://osm.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/

On 11/10/2018 11:31, Manfred Haiduk wrote:

From the url i guess it should be the University of Wuppertal

Am 11.10.2018 um 12:17 schrieb Arndt Röhrig:

Hi @all,

the server is still down. Who is the owner? How do you get this data now?

Helpless greets

Arndt

Manfred Haiduk [hidden email] hat am 6. Oktober 2018 um 16:55 geschrieben:

Hi all

today i tried to get sea.zip and bounds.zip files from http://osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/sea/latest/ and i get no connection. Is this server down or do we have to use another address ?

Re: Server Down ?

nwillink

I can only get

http://osm.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/openfietsmap/OSM_Combiner/readme.html

On 11/10/2018 18:28, DD8KQ wrote:

I think, thats the default entry page from the server, no content but it states only :

It works!

This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

May be, they have had a severe error and they try to start a new server now with this address ?

Am 11.10.2018 um 19:18 schrieb osm@pinns:

Hi

The following seems very similar and exists

http://osm.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/

On 11/10/2018 11:31, Manfred Haiduk wrote:

From the url i guess it should be the University of Wuppertal

Am 11.10.2018 um 12:17 schrieb Arndt Röhrig:

Hi @all,

the server is still down. Who is the owner? How do you get this data now?

Helpless greets

Arndt

Manfred Haiduk [hidden email] hat am 6. Oktober 2018 um 16:55 geschrieben:

Hi all

today i tried to get sea.zip and bounds.zip files from http://osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/sea/latest/ and i get no connection. Is this server down or do we have to use another address ?

     Viele Grüße und 73 de Manfred Haiduk, DD8KQ
     e-mail [hidden email] [hidden email]

Re: Server Down ?

manfred.haiduk
So we are looking for a second source of sea.zip and bounds.zip.

Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.

Re: Server Down ?

ligfietser
The owner is Lambertus, you can mail him at
osm at na1400 dot info

Re: Server Down ?

ligfietser
Here is another source but not up to date
http://develop.freizeitkarte-osm.de/boundaries/

manfred.haiduk  wrote:

So we are looking for a second source of sea.zip and bounds.zip.

Re: Server Down ?

Gerd Petermann

Besides that I can only remind you that it is possible to calculate the data with mkgmap.

Some weeks ago I've played with a faster implementation of the multipolygon cutting algo in the mp-cut branch, this esp. improved
the performance of the precomp sea calculation (~50% faster), but my code got quite complex and still wasn't able to handle
special cases like touching inner rings properly, a problem that appears in many complex OSM multipolygons.
Not sure what to do with that code now. It adds a lot of complexity to the already complex mp handling.
Maybe I'll revert the changes since 4236:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=mkgmap&amp;rev=4236
and merge the previous improvements.
Any comments?

Gerd

The owner is Lambertus, you can mail him at
osm at na1400 dot info

Re: Server Down ?

manfred.haiduk
Thank you, i will give atry and mail to him

Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.

Von: lig fietser <[hidden email]>
Datum: 12.10.2018 08:47 (GMT+01:00)
An: Development list for mkgmap <[hidden email]>

The owner is Lambertus, you can mail him at
osm at na1400 dot info

Re: Server Down ?

manfred.haiduk
Some time ago, i tried this with the 'bounds' option of mkgmap and the other help stuff. For smaller regions it works but as i wan to do this for the whole Europe osm file, i have to realize, that my PC is to small (RAM) or the help stuff does not handle such an amount of data within Windows. So my option was, to get the sea and bound  file from another source.
Btw, is it worth to do all this (compiling a garmin suitable area from osm) with LINUX instead of Windows but with the same hardware ?

Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.

The owner is Lambertus, you can mail him at
osm at na1400 dot info

Re: Server Down ?

Gerd Petermann
Hi Manfred,

Unless you use a 32 bit Windows on a 64 PC I don't think that Linux offers any advantage here. If you use a 64 bit Windows make sure that you also use
a 64 bit JRE.

Gerd

Some time ago, i tried this with the 'bounds' option of mkgmap and the other help stuff. For smaller regions it works but as i wan to do this for the whole Europe osm file, i have to realize, that my PC is to small (RAM) or the help stuff does not handle such an amount of data within Windows. So my option was, to get the sea and bound  file from another source.
Btw, is it worth to do all this (compiling a garmin suitable area from osm) with LINUX instead of Windows but with the same hardware ?

Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.

The owner is Lambertus, you can mail him at
osm at na1400 dot info

Re: Server Down ?

manfred.haiduk

ok, i will check it ...
Thanks

Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.

Some time ago, i tried this with the 'bounds' option of mkgmap and the other help stuff. For smaller regions it works but as i wan to do this for the whole Europe osm file, i have to realize, that my PC is to small (RAM) or the help stuff does not handle such an amount of data within Windows. So my option was, to get the sea and bound  file from another source.
Btw, is it worth to do all this (compiling a garmin suitable area from osm) with LINUX instead of Windows but with the same hardware ?

Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.

The owner is Lambertus, you can mail him at
osm at na1400 dot info

Re: Server Down ?

UliBaer
Here is an alternative source from Thomas Kukuk:
http://osm.thkukuk.de/data/ <http://osm.thkukuk.de/data/>
But i think this is a private server, so don't stress it too much.

Best regards, Uli