Shutting down opestreetmap-mirror, can hand it off if anyone cares

Shutting down opestreetmap-mirror, can hand it off if anyone cares

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
Some of the repositories at https://github.com/openstreetmap, I think
https://github.com/openstreetmap/josm is the most popular, are
mirrored from Git or SVN via scripts hosted here:
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-mirror

I set this up in 2010 and have been running it ever since. I'm not
active in OpenStreetMap these days, and the server it's been running
on will be decommissioned in the next few days. It's done via the
https://github.com/openstreetmap-mirror user.

If anyone's interested in continuing this service I'd be happy to hand
off that GitHub user to someone (not that a new one couldn't be
created). The scripts / crontabs are already in the GitHub repo above.
They currently take around 2GB of storage.

The problem is not that I don't have a server to run this on (I have
one). I'd need to set this up again, and don't want to spend time on
doing that or maintaining a service that I myself no longer use.

Re: Shutting down opestreetmap-mirror, can hand it off if anyone cares

Grant Slater
Thank you Ævar.

And thank you for the push all the years back towards git.

I think turning off the mirroring is a good idea... Most of us already
push directly to the git repos.

Kind regards,

Grant