Slight revamps to AUS Tagging Guidelines for Urban Footpaths

Slight revamps to AUS Tagging Guidelines for Urban Footpaths

Joel H.-2
Just letting everyone know that I did a slight revamp to the Guidelines
for Urban Footpaths over on our Tagging Guidelines page
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Tagging_Guidelines#Urban_Footpaths_and_Cycleways).

It was mostly formatting, but I also added some clarity. Mostly to the
section about footpaths without signposting. I also removed some older
guidelines still mentioned.

Hopefully everyone will be happy with these changes.

Re: Slight revamps to AUS Tagging Guidelines for Urban Footpaths

Andrew Davidson-3
On 25/6/18 15:12, Joel H. wrote:
> Just letting everyone know that I did a slight revamp to the Guidelines
> for Urban Footpaths over on our Tagging Guidelines page

The three things that look a little odd are:

1. Needs an entry for shared paths that don't have a sign (ie: 99%+ of
Canberra shared paths).

2. bicycle=permissive doesn't really make sense for a pedestrian
cut-through (makes it sound like it's private and someone could remove
permission in the future).

3. the section on motorway tagging might mention cycle=shoulder (which
gets used a lot on AU motorways).