Slippy Maps with SRTM contours

Nick Whitelegg

I have managed to overlay SRTM contours on the new Mapnik slippy map at
www.free-map.org.uk (five minutes' work - just a case of changing my existing
SRTM server to use the Google coordinate system used in the new slippy
map...)

Because the OSM maps are not yet separated into layers for areas and
everything else, the look and feel isn't ideal; the contours overlay the
roads. Having said that, New Popular Edition maps appear to do that too,
though not contemporary OS maps.

Given this constraint, does anyone have any colour recommendations or any
other look and feel tips? The OS seem to use a pale red, maybe I'll try that.

Nick

Slippy Maps with SRTM contours

ANDY ROBINSON-2
Nick Whitelegg wrote:

>Sent: 22 November 2006 7:28 PM
>To: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: [Talk-GB] Slippy Maps with SRTM contours
>

>I have managed to overlay SRTM contours on the new Mapnik slippy map at
>www.free-map.org.uk (five minutes' work - just a case of changing my
>existing
>SRTM server to use the Google coordinate system used in the new slippy
>map...)

Neat work Nick. Adds another dimension to our wonderful mapping :-)

Cheers

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk