Small Task for HOT (badges)

Kate Chapman-2
Hey All,

Something Nicolas and I talked about was making badges.  The reason
for this is in Haiti if you don't have an organizational badge you
have to use your passport for everything.  This includes debating with
guards about leaving it behind with them, where as you could just
leave a badge or sometimes not need anything like that at all.

Anyway, does anyone have an interest in making a simple design for a
HOT badge?  I'm graphically stupid so I would rather not.

-Kate

Re: Small Task for HOT (badges)

Dane Springmeyer-4
If anyone is interested, here is (http://dbsgeo.com/tmp/HOT_badges_test.odt) a simple open office template that I scratched together while in haiti.

- dane

On Jul 13, 2010, at 3:38 AM, Kate Chapman wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Something Nicolas and I talked about was making badges.  The reason
> for this is in Haiti if you don't have an organizational badge you
> have to use your passport for everything.  This includes debating with
> guards about leaving it behind with them, where as you could just
> leave a badge or sometimes not need anything like that at all.
>
> Anyway, does anyone have an interest in making a simple design for a
> HOT badge?  I'm graphically stupid so I would rather not.
>
> -Kate

Re: Small Task for HOT (badges)

jimena
Hi all

Here is another template:

http://rapidshare.com/files/406795174/HOT_badges_test_II.odt

Jimena

a simple open office template that I scratched together while in haiti.

- dane

On Jul 13, 2010, at 3:38 AM, Kate Chapman wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Something Nicolas and I talked about was making badges.  The reason
> for this is in Haiti if you don't have an organizational badge you
> have to use your passport for everything.  This includes debating with
> guards about leaving it behind with them, where as you could just
> leave a badge or sometimes not need anything like that at all.
>
> Anyway, does anyone have an interest in making a simple design for a
> HOT badge?  I'm graphically stupid so I would rather not.
>
> -Kate

Re: Small Task for HOT (badges)

Mikel Maron
Badges! I immediately thought of woven or embroidered badges for HOT :)

http://www.pinpointbadges.com/mach_emb.html

I have friends who've gotten these made before, so could ask their advice if we like the idea.
Of course, we first need a LOGO for HOT!

Mikel

ps Name tags were at first very desirable for legitimacy in Kibera, but after they became known, they were dropped because of the extra attention and risk official looking badges attracted.

== Mikel Maron ==
+254(0)724899738 @mikel s:mikelmaron
http://mapkibera.org/
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Haiti

a simple open office template that I scratched together while in haiti.

- dane

On Jul 13, 2010, at 3:38 AM, Kate Chapman wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Something Nicolas and I talked about was making badges.  The reason
> for this is in Haiti if you don't have an organizational badge you
> have to use your passport for everything.  This includes debating with
> guards about leaving it behind with them, where as you could just
> leave a badge or sometimes not need anything like that at all.
>
> Anyway, does anyone have an interest in making a simple design for a
> HOT badge?  I'm graphically stupid so I would rather not.
>
> -Kate

Re: Small Task for HOT (badges)

Todd Huffman

I like the slogan / cheer "HOT is OSM"