Small applet change request

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Small applet change request

Graham Wall
I'm trying to use the OSM Java applet to add a few more roads to the
database. I'm a little red/green colour-blind (as are ~10% white
males) so find it very difficult to spot the small red dots of the GPX
tracks against the green/brown background of the satellite images.

If the dots could be yellow or bright pink or something, it would be
far easier. Also being able to turn off the satellite image layer
would be useful.

Graham

_______________________________________________
Openstreetmap mailing list
[hidden email]
http://bat.vr.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstreetmap
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Small applet change request

Steve Coast
I've tried bright bink. Is that better? If something else is, let me
know.

As for turning off landsat, it's not super hard to do.

* @ 19/10/05 11:19:01 AM [hidden email] wrote:

> I'm trying to use the OSM Java applet to add a few more roads to the
> database. I'm a little red/green colour-blind (as are ~10% white
> males) so find it very difficult to spot the small red dots of the GPX
> tracks against the green/brown background of the satellite images.
>
> If the dots could be yellow or bright pink or something, it would be
> far easier. Also being able to turn off the satellite image layer
> would be useful.
>
> Graham
>
> _______________________________________________
> Openstreetmap mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://bat.vr.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstreetmap

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/

_______________________________________________
Openstreetmap mailing list
[hidden email]
http://bat.vr.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstreetmap
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Small applet change request

Graham Wall
Thanks for the swift change.

Actually - the bright pink isn't much better by the time it's been
blurred by the rest of the background. Could you try yellow? - I don't
know if that'll cause problems elsewhere though.

Does the blurring occur because of compressing the image after adding
the dots at the server?

Graham

On 19/10/05, SteveC <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've tried bright bink. Is that better? If something else is, let me
> know.
>
> As for turning off landsat, it's not super hard to do.
>
> * @ 19/10/05 11:19:01 AM [hidden email] wrote:
> > I'm trying to use the OSM Java applet to add a few more roads to the
> > database. I'm a little red/green colour-blind (as are ~10% white
> > males) so find it very difficult to spot the small red dots of the GPX
> > tracks against the green/brown background of the satellite images.
> >
> > If the dots could be yellow or bright pink or something, it would be
> > far easier. Also being able to turn off the satellite image layer
> > would be useful.
> >
> > Graham
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Openstreetmap mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://bat.vr.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstreetmap
>
> have fun,
>
> SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/
>

_______________________________________________
Openstreetmap mailing list
[hidden email]
http://bat.vr.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstreetmap
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Small applet change request

Steve Coast
* @ 19/10/05 12:20:37 PM [hidden email] wrote:
> Thanks for the swift change.
>
> Actually - the bright pink isn't much better by the time it's been
> blurred by the rest of the background. Could you try yellow? - I don't
> know if that'll cause problems elsewhere though.

Ok, I've changed it to yellow. Any better?

> Does the blurring occur because of compressing the image after adding
> the dots at the server?

It's mapserver not doing compositing very well (see previous rants).
It's also the compression a bit I suppose.

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/

_______________________________________________
Openstreetmap mailing list
[hidden email]
http://bat.vr.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstreetmap
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Small applet change request

Graham Wall
Yup! Superb - I don't have to squint anymore. I think the yellow
should work well in most places in the UK, as the images seem to have
a blue/purple cast to them.

Thanks!

On 19/10/05, SteveC <[hidden email]> wrote:

> * @ 19/10/05 12:20:37 PM [hidden email] wrote:
> > Thanks for the swift change.
> >
> > Actually - the bright pink isn't much better by the time it's been
> > blurred by the rest of the background. Could you try yellow? - I don't
> > know if that'll cause problems elsewhere though.
>
> Ok, I've changed it to yellow. Any better?
>
> > Does the blurring occur because of compressing the image after adding
> > the dots at the server?
>
> It's mapserver not doing compositing very well (see previous rants).
> It's also the compression a bit I suppose.
>
> have fun,
>
> SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/
>

_______________________________________________
Openstreetmap mailing list
[hidden email]
http://bat.vr.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstreetmap
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Small applet change request

Lars Aronsson
In reply to this post by Steve Coast
SteveC wrote:
> Ok, I've changed it to yellow. Any better?

Yes, thank you!  This is useful, the previous was not.  I'm back
to drawing maps again.


--
  Lars Aronsson ([hidden email])
  Aronsson Datateknik - http://aronsson.se

_______________________________________________
Openstreetmap mailing list
[hidden email]
http://bat.vr.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstreetmap