Some problems with Decorations in catalog view and in JGrass console

Some problems with Decorations in catalog view and in JGrass console

Daniele Andreis
Hi all,

I have done an update to the last revision of udig and JGrass. Now I have 2 problem:

1) with decorations in catalog view, when I try to open Decoration in this view appear only "searching for contents". I have unchecked all the test and tutorials plug ins but I haven't solved the problem.

2) in the JGrass console when I run a command (Horton Machine) I have this error message:

startup failed, Script1.groovy: 20: unable to resolve class eu.hydrologis.jgrass.utilitylinkables.InputMonitoringpointsReader
 @ line 20, column 1.
1 error

Thanks and regards

--
Daniele Andreis

Re: Some problems with Decorations in catalog view and in JGrass console

Andrea Antonello
Hi Daniele,

> I have done an update to the last revision of udig and JGrass. Now I have 2
> problem:
>
> 1) with decorations in catalog view, when I try to open Decoration in this
> view appear only "searching for contents". I have unchecked all the test and
> tutorials plug ins but I haven't solved the problem.

I do not understand exactly what you mean here. You mean you do not
see the set of mapgraphics, like scalebar or legend?
If yes, do you get any error in the log?

> 2) in the JGrass console when I run a command (Horton Machine) I have this
> error message:
>
> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 20: unable to resolve class
> eu.hydrologis.jgrass.utilitylinkables.InputMonitoringpointsReader
>  @ line 20, column 1.
> 1 error

Are you sure you did an update of the console plugin? I fixed that one
few days ago. Check if the files in the rt folder of the console
plugin updated properly or if they conflicted.

Ciao
Andrea

> Thanks and regards
>

> --
> Daniele Andreis

Re: Some problems with Decorations in catalog view and in JGrass console

Daniele Andreis
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Are you sure you did an update of the console plugin? I fixed that one
few days ago. Check if the files in the rt folder of the console
plugin updated properly or if they conflicted.

There isn't a conflict in the console plug ins. Yesterday evening I have create a new workspace with new checkout and I have the same problems, (the number revision is 2719 for 2 classes and 2539 for one,in the rt folder, is it corerect?)

I do not understand exactly what you mean here. You mean you do not
see the set of mapgraphics, like scalebar or legend?
If yes, do you get any error in the log?

I haven't seen any error in the log when I have open the Decoration but before open it there is this message:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2009-10-08 09:56:14.923
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3884)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3799)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3468)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3115)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at net.refractions.udig.internal.ui.UDIGApplication.start(UDIGApplication.java:136)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
    at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1949)
    at net.refractions.udig.catalog.ui.ResolveLabelProviderSimple.getText(ResolveLabelProviderSimple.java:102)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.DecoratingLabelProvider.getText(DecoratingLabelProvider.java:129)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ViewerComparator.compare(ViewerComparator.java:136)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ViewerComparator$1.compare(ViewerComparator.java:187)
    at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Arrays.java:1283)
    at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Arrays.java:1294)
    at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:1223)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ViewerComparator.sort(ViewerComparator.java:185)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getSortedChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:625)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.updateChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:2578)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.internalRefreshStruct(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1863)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.internalRefreshStruct(TreeViewer.java:716)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.internalRefresh(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1838)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.internalRefresh(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1794)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$8.run(StructuredViewer.java:1484)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1392)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.preservingSelection(TreeViewer.java:402)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1353)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.refresh(StructuredViewer.java:1482)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ColumnViewer.refresh(ColumnViewer.java:548)
    at net.refractions.udig.catalog.ui.AbstractResolveContentProvider$1.run(AbstractResolveContentProvider.java:113)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
    ... 23 more

thanks and regards
--
Daniele Andreis

Re: Some problems with Decorations in catalog view and in JGrass console

Andrea Antonello
Hi Daniele,

>> Are you sure you did an update of the console plugin? I fixed that one
>> few days ago. Check if the files in the rt folder of the console
>> plugin updated properly or if they conflicted.
>
> There isn't a conflict in the console plug ins. Yesterday evening I have
> create a new workspace with new checkout and I have the same problems, (the
> number revision is 2719 for 2 classes and 2539 for one,in the rt folder, is
> it corerect?)

Check if in the standard_linkables.xml there is still the
InputMonitoringpointsReader. If it is, for now just remove it locally.
I will be i=on this next week and will solve if there are problems.

>> I do not understand exactly what you mean here. You mean you do not
>> see the set of mapgraphics, like scalebar or legend?
>> If yes, do you get any error in the log?
>>

> I haven't seen any error in the log when I have open the Decoration but
> before open it there is this message:

From the log I am not really aware of what is going on. You will have
to place a breakpoint in
net.refractions.udig.catalog.ui.ResolveLabelProviderSimple.getText(ResolveLabelProviderSimple.java:102)
and see what passes and causes the break.

Ciao
Andrea

> [...]
>     at
> org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1353)
>     at
> org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.refresh(StructuredViewer.java:1482)
>     at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ColumnViewer.refresh(ColumnViewer.java:548)
>     at
> net.refractions.udig.catalog.ui.AbstractResolveContentProvider$1.run(AbstractResolveContentProvider.java:113)
>     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
>     at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
>     ... 23 more
>

> thanks and regards
> --
> Daniele Andreis

Re: Some problems with Decorations in catalog view and in JGrass console

Thanks,

Now the Horton Machine in console can runs and write the outputmap.

ciao
--
Daniele Andreis