Something or someone is destroying the Oslo map

Something or someone is destroying the Oslo map

Petter Reinholdtsen

I just discovered that my old neighborhood in Oslo is seriously messed
up, and do not look anything close to the state I left it when I
mapped it this spring.  The road Kapellveien is no longer a way, the
road "Morrells vei" is only half the length it used to have, and
several of the surrounding roads lost their ways and name.

This is the area I talk about:

  http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?mlat=59.9496&mlon=10.7838&zoom=15

Anyone know what is going on?  Is it broken tools or vandalism in
effect here?

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen

Re: Something or someone is destroying the Oslo map

Jon Bright
Hi,

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> road "Morrells vei" is only half the length it used to have, and

Taking Morrells vei as an example,

http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.4/way/2016/history

shows that it got shorter and lost tags on 23rd June.  The tags were
replaced the following day, but the missing segments weren't.

The user in both cases was TomH.  Some kind of DB maintenance gone awry?

--
Jon

Re: Something or someone is destroying the Oslo map

Håkon Enger
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> I just discovered that my old neighborhood in Oslo is seriously messed
> up, and do not look anything close to the state I left it when I
> mapped it this spring.  The road Kapellveien is no longer a way, the
> road "Morrells vei" is only half the length it used to have, and
> several of the surrounding roads lost their ways and name.

This was discussed on the list in June, see e.g.:

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2007-June/014538.html
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2007-June/014512.html

   Håkon