Strange code in mkgmap?

UliBaer
Hi there,

examining the code of mkgmap i found some strange lines.

In /mkgmap/src/uk/me/parabola/util/ShapeSplitter.java Line 330:
	if (thisLine.highPoint == endEnclosed && thisLine.highPoint == endEnclosed) // consider carefully
This is redundant?

In /mkgmap/src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/osmstyle/housenumber/HousenumberGenerator.java Line 1537+1538:
			if (d != 0)
				return d;
This was already tested 6 lines above, so this cannot occur - Dead code?

In /mkgmap/src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/filters/ShapeMergeFilter.java Line 554:
			if (n1 == n2)
				return 0;
This is a String comparison, shouldn't n1.equals(n2) be used instead?

Just some thoughts of mine browsing the code - your opinions?

Re: Strange code in mkgmap?

Ticker Berkin
The ShapeSplitter code looks like my mistake - I suspect it should be
testing the lowPoint and highPoint, but need to think about this more
carefully before committing myself.

HousenumberGenerator not mine but - yes, looks like those 2 lines
should be removed

ShapeMergeFilter isn't mine, but looks OK. For efficiency it first
tests if the names are the same object, then null/string ordering,
finally a string comparison.

Ticker