Suggestions for adding to KOSMO

Amit Kulkarni-5
Hi,

I want to add keyboard shortcuts for certain actions, say Ctrl + E for Editing etc... Has anybody done this or can somebody point out the best place to add the code. I want it to be configurable, so user can set keybord shortcuts in a menu somewhere. Maybe accessed by Tools ==> Keyboard shortcuts.

Also is it possible to import the scale changes for labelling from the OpenJump project? I just downloaded the nightly and it looks to be a much needed feature, I edit several layers of PostGIS at a time and it looks very very cluttered when it is at full extent.  It is accessed in the nightly from Change Styles ==> Labels ==> Enable Labelling ==> Hide Labels when scale is below

Thanks for your help

Re: Suggestions for adding to KOSMO

Sergio Baños Calvo
Good morning Amit.

1) Keyboard shortcuts

Currently the keyboard shortcuts that are available are not
configurable: each tool that have any keyboard shortcut declares it in
its code. You can see the complete list at Help > Keyboard...
The addition of this functionality has been requested for an internal
project for SAIG, so it will be incorporated in the one of the next
Kosmo - Desktop versions as soon as it'll be finished.

2) Labelling scales

You already have this functionality available in Kosmo Desktop, although
not in the basic Style editor, but in the Advanced one: you can set up a
minimum and/or maximum scale for each rule you define, so you just need
to set up your desired scale.

Regards,

Amit Kulkarni escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I want to add keyboard shortcuts for certain actions, say Ctrl + E for
> Editing etc... Has anybody done this or can somebody point out the
> best place to add the code. I want it to be configurable, so user can
> set keybord shortcuts in a menu somewhere. Maybe accessed by Tools ==>
> Keyboard shortcuts.
>
> Also is it possible to import the scale changes for labelling from the
> OpenJump project? I just downloaded the nightly and it looks to be a
> much needed feature, I edit several layers of PostGIS at a time and it
> looks very very cluttered when it is at full extent.  It is accessed
> in the nightly from Change Styles ==> Labels ==> Enable Labelling ==>
> Hide Labels when scale is below
>
> Thanks for your help

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Suggestions for adding to KOSMO

Antonio Jiménez
Hi Amit.

2) Labelling scales:

You can see a VideoTutorial here:

http://www.kosmoland.es/http_public/kosmo/v_2.0/videos/simbologia_avanzada_anadir_regla_skin.swf

The VideoTutorial is in spanish so I traslate from spanish to english:

VideoTutorial name
: Advanced Simbology: add rule

- La capa Municipio no se visualiza a una escala mayor de 1:500000 = Municipality layer is not displayed on a larger scale of 1:500000

- No se visualiza al estar a una escala mayor
=
Not to be displayed on a larger scale

Regards,

Antonio Jesús Jiménez Arrabal

Geógrafo
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno: (+34) 955567170 - (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Amit Kulkarni escribió:
Hi,

I want to add keyboard shortcuts for certain actions, say Ctrl + E for Editing etc... Has anybody done this or can somebody point out the best place to add the code. I want it to be configurable, so user can set keybord shortcuts in a menu somewhere. Maybe accessed by Tools ==> Keyboard shortcuts.

Also is it possible to import the scale changes for labelling from the OpenJump project? I just downloaded the nightly and it looks to be a much needed feature, I edit several layers of PostGIS at a time and it looks very very cluttered when it is at full extent.  It is accessed in the nightly from Change Styles ==> Labels ==> Enable Labelling ==> Hide Labels when scale is below

Thanks for your help

Re: Suggestions for adding to KOSMO

Amit Kulkarni-5
Thank you very much Sergio and Antonio,

2) I will start using the label at scale option immediately!

1) Wow, I didn't know this existed!

Looking at the list of existing shortcuts I might want to add overrides for
a) zoom in/out
b) pan
c) Feature info
d) some options while in edit mode

I personally hate clicking so much, can you please let me know where to add my own keyboard shortcuts? This way I can use them and not worry about waiting for next version of Kosmo.

--amit

Amit Kulkarni escribió:
[...]

Sergio Baños Calvo-2
Good morning Amit.

You can find the classes that define theirs shortcuts by finding the
references to the method addEasyKeyListener(KeyListener l) for the class
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.WorkbenchFrame. E.g.:
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.snap.SnapOptionsPanel.

Regards,

Amit Kulkarni escribió:

> Thank you very much Sergio and Antonio,
>
> 2) I will start using the label at scale option immediately!
>
> 1) Wow, I didn't know this existed!
>
> Looking at the list of existing shortcuts I might want to add
> overrides for
> a) zoom in/out
> b) pan
> c) Feature info
> d) some options while in edit mode
>
> I personally hate clicking so much, can you please let me know where
> to add my own keyboard shortcuts? This way I can use them and not
> worry about waiting for next version of Kosmo.
>
> --amit
>
> 2010/4/15 Sergio Baños Calvo <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Good morning Amit.
>
>     1) Keyboard shortcuts
>
>     Currently the keyboard shortcuts that are available are not
>     configurable: each tool that have any keyboard shortcut declares
>     it in its code. You can see the complete list at Help > Keyboard...
>     The addition of this functionality has been requested for an
>     internal project for SAIG, so it will be incorporated in the one
>     of the next Kosmo - Desktop versions as soon as it'll be finished.
>

>     2) Labelling scales
>
>     You already have this functionality available in Kosmo Desktop,
>     although not in the basic Style editor, but in the Advanced one:
>     you can set up a minimum and/or maximum scale for each rule you
>     define, so you just need to set up your desired scale.
>
>     Regards,
>
>     Amit Kulkarni escribió:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         I want to add keyboard shortcuts for certain actions, say Ctrl
>         + E for Editing etc... Has anybody done this or can somebody
>         point out the best place to add the code. I want it to be
>         configurable, so user can set keybord shortcuts in a menu
>         somewhere. Maybe accessed by Tools ==> Keyboard shortcuts.
>
>         Also is it possible to import the scale changes for labelling
>         from the OpenJump project? I just downloaded the nightly and
>         it looks to be a much needed feature, I edit several layers of
>         PostGIS at a time and it looks very very cluttered when it is
>         at full extent.  It is accessed in the nightly from Change
>         Styles ==> Labels ==> Enable Labelling ==> Hide Labels when
>         scale is below
>
>         Thanks for your help
>

>     --
>
>     Sergio Baños Calvo
>
>     Jefe de desarrollos
>     Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
>     Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
>     Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876
>
>     E-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Suggestions for adding to KOSMO

Amit Kulkarni-5
Dear Sergio and Antonio,

It was confusing to figure out initially and then when I keep the min value =1 and max value = 10 I got the effect I wanted.

IMHO OpenJump has got the functionality and placement just right for this particular label at scale feature! I hope you also like the idea of placement that OpenJump currently has. Not many places OpenJump is better than Kosmo but this is one of them.

Thanks