Supermarket pick-up service

Tom Pfeifer
A supermarket chain offers to order groceries online, being collected and packed, and picked up by
the customers themselves in a small shop in the local supermarket building. Illustration [1].

How should the shop be tagged? shop=pick-up ?

tom

[1] https://shop.rewe-static.de/homepage/239036b7585997a3323062a8f5ee218f410147b2/img/hero/as.jpg

Re: Supermarket pick-up service

Philip Barnes
Its not a shop, you don't buy anything there. Maybe supermarket=customer_collect or customer_pickup. Collect fits my British English ears better than pickup, that means something a bit different.

One supermarket uses the marketing term Click and Collect.

They are covered, so the customer can drive in, so maybe borrow the drive_through tag from fast food outlets.

Not all are attached to the supermarket, others are a separate building in the car park.

Phil (trigpoint )

On Friday, 8 November 2019, Tom Pfeifer wrote:

> A supermarket chain offers to order groceries online, being collected and packed, and picked up by
> the customers themselves in a small shop in the local supermarket building. Illustration [1].
>
> How should the shop be tagged? shop=pick-up ?
>
> tom
>

> [1] https://shop.rewe-static.de/homepage/239036b7585997a3323062a8f5ee218f410147b2/img/hero/as.jpg

Sent from my Sailfish device

Re: Supermarket pick-up service

Mateusz Konieczny-3
I encountered shop=outpost used for that

May be poor name - AFAIK it never went through a proposal process and appeared in non-english
countries first, but is fairly popular.

8 Nov 2019, 10:06 by [hidden email]:

On 08.11.2019 13:40, Philip Barnes wrote:
 > Its not a shop, you don't buy anything there.

In my local case, the payment is done at collection time with any method the main marked uses,
i.e. cash and card. Thus I'd call it a shop

 > Maybe supermarket=customer_collect or customer_pickup. Collect fits my British English ears
better than pickup, that means something a bit different.

Indeed having 'collect' in the value sounds better than pick-up.

 > They are covered, so the customer can drive in, so maybe borrow the drive_through tag from fast
food outlets.
 > Not all are attached to the supermarket, others are a separate building in the car park.

That layout sounds more like a loading point?

On 08.11.2019 16:02, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> I encountered shop=outpost used for that
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Doutpost
>
> May be poor name - AFAIK it never went through a proposal process and appeared in non-english
> countries first, but is fairly popular.

I find "outpost" completely misleading (usage <500). An outpost is a small military position at some
distance from the main army, a remote part of a country, or an isolated branch of something (Oxford
dict). It has nothing to do with the collection of pre-ordered goods.

tom

Re: Supermarket pick-up service

Warin
On 09/11/19 03:30, Tom Pfeifer wrote:

> On 08.11.2019 13:40, Philip Barnes wrote:
> > Its not a shop, you don't buy anything there.
>
> In my local case, the payment is done at collection time with any
> method the main marked uses,
> i.e. cash and card. Thus I'd call it a shop
>
> > Maybe supermarket=customer_collect or customer_pickup. Collect fits
> my British English ears better than pickup, that means something a bit
> different.
>
> Indeed having 'collect' in the value sounds better than pick-up.
>
> > They are covered, so the customer can drive in, so maybe borrow the
> drive_through tag from fast food outlets.
> > Not all are attached to the supermarket, others are a separate
> building in the car park.
>
> That layout sounds more like a loading point?

Not all of them are supermarkets, some hardware stores and other
retailers offer a similar service.

? order_collection=yes?

> On 08.11.2019 16:02, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
>> I encountered shop=outpost used for that
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Doutpost
>>
>> May be poor name - AFAIK it never went through a proposal process and
>> appeared in non-english
>> countries first, but is fairly popular.
>
> I find "outpost" completely misleading (usage <500). An outpost is a
> small military position at some distance from the main army, a remote
> part of a country, or an isolated branch of something (Oxford dict).
> It has nothing to do with the collection of pre-ordered goods.

Agree - outpost is a very misleading in this instance.