Support Translating HOT documents English to French

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Support Translating HOT documents English to French

nicolas chavent
All-

We are heading to 3 secondary hubs (Jacmel, Leogane, and Gonaive) the coming 6 days to keep training and surveying and growing capacities there, we will need your support translating the following HOT documents (English to French):
* Surveying Guides
**  Surveying - EN
**  Travailler sur : Surveying - FR
* Communicating with OSM Contributors
** Communicating with OSM Contributors - EN
**  Travailler sur : Communicating with OSM Contributors - FR
* MapOSMatics
** MapOSMatics Instructions - EN
**  Travailler sur : MapOSMatics - FR

It would be great if someone can give some pass at the HOT blog (the last three posts)
* HOT Blog

Neat if we can be pointed to stand alone self training manual documents on wiki editing (both in French and English) to re-use directly or to customize in the view of enabling wiki illiterate persons in going wiki autonomously and smoothly.

Thanks for your support in this, please edit the Crowdsourcring task matrix and link up with Emilie (cc on who generously agreed to facilitate the coordination of this translation work-

N

--
Nicolas Chavent
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti
Mobile (Haiti): +509 389 583 05
Mobile (FRA): +33 6 84 51 55 65
Landline (FRA): +33 2 97 26 23 08
Email: [hidden email]
Skype: c_nicolas
Twitter: nicolas_chavent

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Support Translating HOT documents English to French

Guillaume Allegre
Le Mon 21 Jun 2010 à 05:16 -0500, nicolas chavent a ecrit :

> All-
>
> We are heading to 3 secondary hubs (Jacmel, Leogane, and Gonaive) the coming
> 6 days to keep training and surveying and growing capacities there, we will
> need your support translating the following HOT documents (English to
> French):
> * Surveying Guides
> **  Surveying -
> EN<http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AUeMslP3EFo2ZHJkYnhiNF84YzNiZjczZHc&hl=en>
> **  Travailler sur : Surveying -
> FR<https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ARPFoXI_vcFPZGd3MmJjZjVfMTFobnduZzljcQ&hl=en>

Just applied to access to this one.




> It would be great if someone can give some pass at the HOT blog (the last
> three posts)
> * HOT Blog <http://hot.openstreetmap.org/weblog/>

Sorry, I dont't understand ; do you also speak about translating blog posts ??

--
 ° /\    Guillaume Allègre            Membre de l'April
  /~~\/\   [hidden email]  Promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre
 /   /~~\    tél. 04.76.63.26.99      http://www.april.org


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Support Translating HOT documents English to French

Kate Chapman-2
Hey Guillaume,

Yes, we have a blog at http://hot.openstreetmap.org all the posts are
currently in English.  We were hoping to translate them into French.

I'm not sure the best way to display multiple languages in Wordpress though.

-Kate

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Guillaume Allegre
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le Mon 21 Jun 2010 à 05:16 -0500, nicolas chavent a ecrit :
>> All-
>>
>> We are heading to 3 secondary hubs (Jacmel, Leogane, and Gonaive) the coming
>> 6 days to keep training and surveying and growing capacities there, we will
>> need your support translating the following HOT documents (English to
>> French):
>> * Surveying Guides
>> **  Surveying -
>> EN<http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AUeMslP3EFo2ZHJkYnhiNF84YzNiZjczZHc&hl=en>
>> **  Travailler sur : Surveying -
>> FR<https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ARPFoXI_vcFPZGd3MmJjZjVfMTFobnduZzljcQ&hl=en>
>
> Just applied to access to this one.
>
>
>
>
>> It would be great if someone can give some pass at the HOT blog (the last
>> three posts)
>> * HOT Blog <http://hot.openstreetmap.org/weblog/>
>
> Sorry, I dont't understand ; do you also speak about translating blog posts ??
>
> --
>  ° /\    Guillaume Allègre            Membre de l'April
>  /~~\/\   [hidden email]  Promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre
>  /   /~~\    tél. 04.76.63.26.99      http://www.april.org
>
> _______________________________________________
> HOT mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Support Translating HOT documents English to French

Guillaume Allegre
I've joined the HOT list, so I reply here.

Le Wed 23 Jun 2010 à 20:35 -0500, Kate Chapman a ecrit :
> Hey Guillaume,
>
> Yes, we have a blog at http://hot.openstreetmap.org all the posts are
> currently in English.  We were hoping to translate them into French.
>
> I'm not sure the best way to display multiple languages in Wordpress though.

Yes, it's a good question. I have no answer neither.
If someones knows how to manage that, I can translate into French, but whithout
warranty about my response time after a new post.

--
 ° /\    Guillaume Allègre            Membre de l'April
  /~~\/\   [hidden email]  Promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre
 /   /~~\    tél. 04.76.63.26.99      http://www.april.org


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Support Translating HOT documents English to French

Emilie Laffray


On 24 June 2010 10:08, Guillaume Allegre <[hidden email]> wrote:


Yes, it's a good question. I have no answer neither.
If someones knows how to manage that, I can translate into French, but whithout
warranty about my response time after a new post.


+1
If someone is configuring the site properly, I can work with Guillaume to translate posts.

Emilie Laffray