Support to Data imports for Haiti

nicolas chavent
All-

Apogies for cross posting on the UNOSAT post.

List of IMPORTS:
* UNOSAT/ WB/ JRC building damage
* CCCM Sites (Camps)
* PAHO Health Facilities
* CNIGS Admin layers
* soon to come (Education Cluster) Education Layer

Those releases will make OSM data outdated and will call for withdrawing osm data for all objects (but Health Facs which will desserve a specific treatment)  and run a bulk uploads
Health Facilities might eventually require some reconciliation work with preexisting OSM non PAHO HFacs data

Import page to be set up on this soon on HOT Mission 3 linked to the Wiki Project Haiti

Tx in advance for any interest in this and for support
Best

Re: [Talk-ht] Support to Data imports for Haiti

nicolas chavent
Karl

Tx for the heads up, great to hear about shoreland un-aware of this but provided with the last release coming from a 15 days mission by Severin cc on this email with WHO Haiti

We will look at all pieces and move carrefully to make the best re-use of the neat work you invested in those imports

Looking fwd to this
Best

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Karl Guggisberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

> Health Facilities might eventually require some reconciliation work with preexisting OSM non PAHO HFacs data

During the first seven import iterations of the PAHO/WHO HFac list a of effort went into reconciling it with other OSM data related to health facilities
(hospitals, also field hospitals which in the meantime might not be there any more). From iteration to iteration we had less and less know potential
duplicates or questionable location data. A short list of currently know issues is available here:
   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/Status/Hospitals#How_to_deal_with_data_problems_.3F

The PAHO/WHO HFac list is now maintained differently than it was 5 months ago. To the best of my knowledge, Shoreland is now maintaining
the master list , see www.travax.com/m. Unfortunatelly, I didn't manage to run another import iteration from the new source, but I still plan to
do so in the next few weeks.

Regards
Karl

Am 19.06.2010 15:13, schrieb nicolas chavent:
All-

Apogies for cross posting on the UNOSAT post.

List of IMPORTS:
* UNOSAT/ WB/ JRC building damage
* CCCM Sites (Camps)
* PAHO Health Facilities
* CNIGS Admin layers
* soon to come (Education Cluster) Education Layer

Those releases will make OSM data outdated and will call for withdrawing osm data for all objects (but Health Facs which will desserve a specific treatment)  and run a bulk uploads
Health Facilities might eventually require some reconciliation work with preexisting OSM non PAHO HFacs data

Import page to be set up on this soon on HOT Mission 3 linked to the Wiki Project Haiti

Tx in advance for any interest in this and for support
Best

Twitter: nicolas_chavent

Re: [Talk-ht] Support to Data imports for Haiti

Karl Guggisberg
Hi Nicolas

To the best of my knowlege, Shoreland currently maintains a reconciled master HFac list *on behalf of* WHO and in discussion
with Bill Lang from Shoreland we came to the conclusion that OSM is best adviced to import and maintain a *managed copy* of this master data set. If Shorelands
data set indeed has the role I think it has then it would probably be best to reconcile new data from the field with the Shoreland data set first - and then import the
the data from "single source of truth" in to the OSM database.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Regards
Karl

Am 19.06.2010 15:35, schrieb nicolas chavent:
Karl

Tx for the heads up, great to hear about shoreland un-aware of this but provided with the last release coming from a 15 days mission by Severin cc on this email with WHO Haiti

We will look at all pieces and move carrefully to make the best re-use of the neat work you invested in those imports

Looking fwd to this
Best

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Karl Guggisberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

> Health Facilities might eventually require some reconciliation work with preexisting OSM non PAHO HFacs data

During the first seven import iterations of the PAHO/WHO HFac list a of effort went into reconciling it with other OSM data related to health facilities
(hospitals, also field hospitals which in the meantime might not be there any more). From iteration to iteration we had less and less know potential
duplicates or questionable location data. A short list of currently know issues is available here:
   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/Status/Hospitals#How_to_deal_with_data_problems_.3F

The PAHO/WHO HFac list is now maintained differently than it was 5 months ago. To the best of my knowledge, Shoreland is now maintaining
the master list , see www.travax.com/m. Unfortunatelly, I didn't manage to run another import iteration from the new source, but I still plan to
do so in the next few weeks.

Regards
Karl

Am 19.06.2010 15:13, schrieb nicolas chavent:
All-

Apogies for cross posting on the UNOSAT post.

List of IMPORTS:
* UNOSAT/ WB/ JRC building damage
* CCCM Sites (Camps)
* PAHO Health Facilities
* CNIGS Admin layers
* soon to come (Education Cluster) Education Layer

Those releases will make OSM data outdated and will call for withdrawing osm data for all objects (but Health Facs which will desserve a specific treatment)  and run a bulk uploads
Health Facilities might eventually require some reconciliation work with preexisting OSM non PAHO HFacs data

Import page to be set up on this soon on HOT Mission 3 linked to the Wiki Project Haiti

Tx in advance for any interest in this and for support
Best

Twitter: nicolas_chavent

Re: Support to Data imports for Haiti

Iván Sánchez Ortega
> Those releases will make OSM data outdated and will call for withdrawing
> osm data for all objects (but Health Facs which will desserve a specific
> treatment)  and run a bulk uploads
[...]

Speaking of imports and cleaning up...

A long while ago I uploaded some Search-and-Rescue zones:

I just want to call this for your attention; they should be cleaned up IMHO.

Best,
--
----------------------------------
Iván Sánchez Ortega <[hidden email]>

Aviso: Este e-mail es confidencial y no debería ser usado por nadie que no sea
el destinatario original. No se permite la reproducción mediante fotocopia,
walkie-talkie, emisora de radioaficionado, satélite, televisión por cable,
proyector, señales de humo, código morse, braille, lenguaje de signos,
taquigrafía o cualquier otro medio. Bajo ningún concepto debe traducirse al
francés este e-mail. Este e-mail no puede ser ridiculizado, parodiado,
juzgado en una competición, o leído en voz alta con un acento gracioso
llevando un bigote falso y/o cualquier tipo de sombrero, incluyendo pero no
limitándose a pañuelos. No inciten ni provoquen a este e-mail. Si está
medicándose, puede experimentar nauseas, desorientación, histeria, vómitos,
pérdida temporal de la memoria a corto plazo y malestar general al leer este
e-mail. Consulte a su médico o farmacéutico antes de leer este e-mail. Todas
las modelos descritas en este e-mail son mayores de 18 años. Este e-mail se
reserva el derecho de admisión. Si ha recibido este e-mail por error es
probablemente porque estaba borracho cuando escribí la dirección del
destinatario.

Re: Support to Data imports for Haiti

Kate Chapman-2
Thanks Iván I was going to clear those out.  Good to hear someone else
has the same opinion, I'll go ahead and do that.

-Kate

2010/6/19 Iván Sánchez Ortega <[hidden email]>:

>> Those releases will make OSM data outdated and will call for withdrawing
>> osm data for all objects (but Health Facs which will desserve a specific
>> treatment)  and run a bulk uploads
> [...]
>

> Speaking of imports and cleaning up...
>
> A long while ago I uploaded some Search-and-Rescue zones:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/387709
>
> I just want to call this for your attention; they should be cleaned up IMHO.
>

> Best,
> --
> ----------------------------------
> Iván Sánchez Ortega <[hidden email]>
>
> Aviso: Este e-mail es confidencial y no debería ser usado por nadie que no sea
> el destinatario original. No se permite la reproducción mediante fotocopia,
> walkie-talkie, emisora de radioaficionado, satélite, televisión por cable,
> proyector, señales de humo, código morse, braille, lenguaje de signos,
> taquigrafía o cualquier otro medio. Bajo ningún concepto debe traducirse al
> francés este e-mail. Este e-mail no puede ser ridiculizado, parodiado,
> juzgado en una competición, o leído en voz alta con un acento gracioso
> llevando un bigote falso y/o cualquier tipo de sombrero, incluyendo pero no
> limitándose a pañuelos. No inciten ni provoquen a este e-mail. Si está
> medicándose, puede experimentar nauseas, desorientación, histeria, vómitos,
> pérdida temporal de la memoria a corto plazo y malestar general al leer este
> e-mail. Consulte a su médico o farmacéutico antes de leer este e-mail. Todas
> las modelos descritas en este e-mail son mayores de 18 años. Este e-mail se
> reserva el derecho de admisión. Si ha recibido este e-mail por error es
> probablemente porque estaba borracho cuando escribí la dirección del
> destinatario.

Re: Support to Data imports for Haiti

nicolas chavent
All-

SAR
Tx for bringing this up Ivan & great Kate for removing those: the SAR worked as a reference grid at the onset of the quake until OCHA rolled out its PCODES and SSID (UUID) late January.

Health Facilities
Thanks Karl for your heads up, I am copying Severin who worked in Haiti for the Health Cluster the 2 past weeks in DB reconciliation to hear about the scope of his DB reconciliation work and the relation he had with Shoreland
I think that once reconciled and a joint Health Fac datamodel established bridging between PAHO / Shoreland and Health Cluster, OSM will be the de facto point of truth for this layer
Neat Severin if you can step in and advice on how to move forward at best leveraging on your work
Great Karl if you can get the same insight from Bill Lang
Thanks for your help on this and looking fwd to pursue this data import work with you

Ciao