Suspicious or disallowed sources

Adam Horan
Hi,

I've been around a while, but don't join in the chat much :)

A new user has added contributed some data via iD editor, and the source is listed as Bing Imagery. However the imagery doesn't show the features that have been added as they're too new. (I've checked through all other imagery sources in iD)
One of their contributions from within the last month lists nearmap as the source. It is quite possible this is true, as again none of the listed imagery sources in iD or JOSM include the features added.
I've attempted to contact the user (it's only been 24 hrs since i tried), and had nothing yet.

Is this a revert or wait scenario?

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/69893632  <- the car park and the soccer pitches are not in Bing or elsewhere. Google does have it.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/69917230 <- running track not in bing or elsewhere.

Cheers,

Adam

Re: Suspicious or disallowed sources

Phil Wyatt

Hi Adam,

First thing I would do is drop a comment on the changesets asking where he got the outlines from – there may be some other ‘open’ source that he has used.

Cheers - Phil

Re: Suspicious or disallowed sources

Adam Horan
I have dropped a changeset comment already, and will wait a bit longer. I don't see that the user is making other changes currently.

There's too much detail in the shape for it to be sourced from a vague ground survey, and for the sports tracks in this changeset there is nothing in the available iD imagery.

To be honest it was the direct reference to 'nearmap' as a source in something drawn ~1 month ago that got me started on this.

Adam