T at H vs. BOINC - Neverending story? - working together

T at H vs. BOINC - Neverending story? - working together

Niklas Cholmkvist
Hi Philip and list,

Philip Gillißen wrote:
> I'm using BOINC, too, and I stumbled across a post
> proposing to move tah onto the BOINC platform.
> I read threads from 2008, 2009 and 2010.
> This great idea is mentioned several times,
> everybody says: "Great idea, I would like to see that".
What do you say about we 2 and anyone else interested starting
to work on this? We could use irc and some wiki page to coordinate
efforts. We could later or now look at the T@h code or any other
code that we may need to look at. (maybe reading BOINC docs as well)
I don't know how to program and if you don't know either we could learn.
If you are interested we may be able to do something about it.
I have lots of time on my hands. I don't know about you.
The code(or BOINC documentation) is there waiting to be studied, I guess.

Kind regards,
Niklas

Re: T at H vs. BOINC - Neverending story? - working together

yoyo
Hello,

I had a look into tah a long time ago to include it in our yoyo@home Boinc project. But tah uses a lot of different programms which are using each other in a complex way. Therefore it is difficuilt to include all these application in Boinc and send them via Boinc to the user and I rejected to include tah into Boinc that time.

yoyo

Niklas Cholmkvist schrieb:
Hi Philip and list,