T@h server blocks some emails

spaetz
Hi all, the central sysadmin of the network in which the tiles@home
server sits has informed me that some IPs are being dropped by the
central firewall, as they access the server a lot. These IPs are now
being blocked by the central firewall.

> 85.10.205.147
> 77.189.221.115
> 194.121.90.163
> 212.33.243.210
> 46.164.195.189
> 59.90.180.152
> 46.115.23.210
> 85.26.232.217
> 74.198.164.52
> 92.239.82.176

I hope these are tile leechers and not productive uploaders. This would
be the first case of us disallowing people from downloading t@h tiles,
but as I said, they were causing problems on the network this machine is
one.

Sebastian

Re: T@h server blocks some IPs(!) (not mails :-))

spaetz
Blocks IPs not MAILs :-). Sorry my brain has melted down.

Re: T@h server blocks some emails

2011/4/14 Sebastian Spaeth <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all, the central sysadmin of the network in which the tiles@home
> server sits has informed me that some IPs are being dropped by the
> central firewall, as they access the server a lot. These IPs are now
> being blocked by the central firewall.
>> 85.10.205.147
>> 77.189.221.115
>> 194.121.90.163
>> 212.33.243.210
>> 46.164.195.189
>> 59.90.180.152
>> 46.115.23.210
>> 85.26.232.217
>> 74.198.164.52
>> 92.239.82.176
>
> I hope these are tile leechers and not productive uploaders. This would
> be the first case of us disallowing people from downloading t@h tiles,
> but as I said, they were causing problems on the network this machine is
> one.

some seem to be dynamic IPs so blocking might not help.

cheers,