TYP compiling problem

ValentinAK
Hi.
I have a problem with TYPViewer v4.5.43 in Windows 10. There is a file
change while saving. I get mixing icons and code types after Mkgmap Render!
But in Windows 7 it works without this error. I began to try to understand
this. And what I found out: TYPViewer v4.5.43 in Windows 7 writes the point
code as Type = 0x11711 for example. A Windows 10 records the same point as
Type = 0x117
SubType = 0x11
Mkgmap does not support this description correctly and compiles this point
into a TYP file like:
Type = 0x001
SubType = 0x11
How to eliminate this trouble when I use Windows 10?
There are two files in the attachment: the original by Win7 and the saved by
Win10.
Thank you!
original.txt <http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t318348/original.txt>
saved.txt <http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t318348/saved.txt>

Re: TYP compiling problem

DD8KQ
Hi

i have noticed the same problembut without making checks with Win7 (as i
do not have any PC with this operating system any more). My workaround
for this problem is, make changes only in the txt-typ-file and let
mkgmap compile it into a "typ" file. Only use the TypViewer to visually
check my changes

Am 13.09.2018 um 22:13 schrieb ValentinAK:

> Hi.
> I have a problem with TYPViewer v4.5.43 in Windows 10. There is a file
> change while saving. I get mixing icons and code types after Mkgmap Render!
> But in Windows 7 it works without this error. I began to try to understand
> this. And what I found out: TYPViewer v4.5.43 in Windows 7 writes the point
> code as Type = 0x11711 for example. A Windows 10 records the same point as
> Type = 0x117
> SubType = 0x11
> Mkgmap does not support this description correctly and compiles this point
> into a TYP file like:
> Type = 0x001
> SubType = 0x11
> How to eliminate this trouble when I use Windows 10?
> There are two files in the attachment: the original by Win7 and the saved by
> Win10.
> Thank you!
> original.txt <http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t318348/original.txt>
> saved.txt <http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t318348/saved.txt>
>

> --
> Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Mkgmap-Development-f5324443.html

Re: TYP compiling problem

ValentinAK
Sorry. It was my inattention. Switching a Type record only or together with a
Subtype is located in the TYPViewer options. But in any case, Mkgmap would
be even better if he worked with poi Subtypes. :)