Tag for community based healthcare? / Quel tag pour les sites de soins communautaires ?

Tag for community based healthcare? / Quel tag pour les sites de soins communautaires ?

Claire Halleux-3
(English below)

Bonjour à tous,
Au Sud-Kivu, on rencontre régulièrement des "sites de soins communautaires", c'est à dire des lieux où l'on peut s'adresser à des relais communautaires (membres de la communauté) ayant reçu une formation spécifique au diagnostic du palu en général mais parfois aussi pour les infections respiratoires et les diarrhées des enfants. Ils disposent généralement de médicaments, fournis par des organisations médicales. .
Ce service est très utile en particulier dans les zones rurales ne disposant pas de centre de santé. Cependant, les relais communautaires n'étant pas des docteurs, je me retrouve actuellement face à la difficulté de trouver les tags appropriés. Des idées ou tags à me suggérer? Merci d'avance.

Hi everyone,
In South Kivu, we regularly meet "community-based healthcare sites", i.e. places where you can find some people from the community who got a basic training about malaria testing, + sometimes pulmonary infections and children diarrheal diseases diagnostics. They are usually supplied with medicines by medical organisations.
This service is quite useful as it helps treating patients (specially children) closer to the place they live, in particular in rural areas where you can't find any health center or doctor.
I'm currently facing the issue of tagging this kind of place. Any tag suggestion would be much appreciated.

Best,

Claire

Re: [HOT Tagging] Tag for community based healthcare? / Quel tag pour les sites de soins communautaires ?

Blake Girardot
Hi Claire,

It is a bit long and kind of complicated, but do you think a combination
of the healthcare 2.0 proposal could address the facilities?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Healthcare_2.0

It does say part of its goal was to deal with community based services.

Maybe we need to add some possible values to the existing proposal.

Lets get this sorted out.

Cheers,
Blake

On 9/21/2015 9:52 AM, Claire Halleux wrote:

> (English below)
>
> Bonjour à tous,
> Au Sud-Kivu, on rencontre régulièrement des "sites de soins
> communautaires", c'est à dire des lieux où l'on peut s'adresser à des
> relais communautaires (membres de la communauté) ayant reçu une
> formation spécifique au diagnostic du palu en général mais parfois aussi
> pour les infections respiratoires et les diarrhées des enfants. Ils
> disposent généralement de médicaments, fournis par des organisations
> médicales. .
> Ce service est très utile en particulier dans les zones rurales ne
> disposant pas de centre de santé. Cependant, les relais communautaires
> n'étant pas des docteurs, je me retrouve actuellement face à la
> difficulté de trouver les tags appropriés. Des idées ou tags à me
> suggérer? Merci d'avance.
>
> Hi everyone,
> In South Kivu, we regularly meet "community-based healthcare sites",
> i.e. places where you can find some people from the community who got a
> basic training about malaria testing, + sometimes pulmonary infections
> and children diarrheal diseases diagnostics. They are usually supplied
> with medicines by medical organisations.
> This service is quite useful as it helps treating patients (specially
> children) closer to the place they live, in particular in rural areas
> where you can't find any health center or doctor.
> I'm currently facing the issue of tagging this kind of place. Any tag
> suggestion would be much appreciated.
>
> Best,
>
> Claire

> <mailto:[hidden email]>.

Re: [HOT Tagging] Tag for community based healthcare? / Quel tag pour les sites de soins communautaires ?

Rafael Avila Coya
Hi, Claire:

I had to deal with this already for a eHealth-collected health
facilities import in Borno State, Nigeria [1]. I used the HealthCare2.0
tagging schema (as Blake is also suggesting too), adding some
traditional tags for rendering purposes.

For this kind of facilities, I would suggest the following:

For all facilities:

1. medical_system:western=yes

2. health_facility:type=office
3. office=paramedic OR office=therapist

4. health_specialty:paediatric_gastroenterology=partial/no #For children
diarrheal diseases
5. health_specialty:tropical_medicine=partial/no #Malaria and others
6. health_specialty:pulmonology=partial/no #For pulmonar diseases

7. amenity=doctors #This is for compatibility with traditional health
care tagging

I would also add to all of them:

8. power_supply=yes/no/unknown #It might be interesting to know if
electricity is available.

Only in case health_specialty:tropical_medicine=partial, add:

9. disease:malaria=yes

You might add diarrhea diseases too, like
disease:amoebic_dysentery=yes/no , etc., always in case
health_specialty:paediatric_gastroenterology=partial

Other optional tags:

10. opening_hours=*
11. operator=*
12. operator:type=public/private/...

Cheers,

Rafael.

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_Nigeria_eHealth_Borno_Health_Facilities#Tagging_Plans

On 21/09/15 12:45, Blake Girardot wrote:

> Hi Claire,
>
> It is a bit long and kind of complicated, but do you think a combination
> of the healthcare 2.0 proposal could address the facilities?
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Healthcare_2.0
>
> It does say part of its goal was to deal with community based services.
>
> Maybe we need to add some possible values to the existing proposal.
>
> Lets get this sorted out.
>
> Cheers,
> Blake
>

> On 9/21/2015 9:52 AM, Claire Halleux wrote:
>> (English below)
>>
>> Bonjour à tous,
>> Au Sud-Kivu, on rencontre régulièrement des "sites de soins
>> communautaires", c'est à dire des lieux où l'on peut s'adresser à des
>> relais communautaires (membres de la communauté) ayant reçu une
>> formation spécifique au diagnostic du palu en général mais parfois aussi
>> pour les infections respiratoires et les diarrhées des enfants. Ils
>> disposent généralement de médicaments, fournis par des organisations
>> médicales. .
>> Ce service est très utile en particulier dans les zones rurales ne
>> disposant pas de centre de santé. Cependant, les relais communautaires
>> n'étant pas des docteurs, je me retrouve actuellement face à la
>> difficulté de trouver les tags appropriés. Des idées ou tags à me
>> suggérer? Merci d'avance.
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>> In South Kivu, we regularly meet "community-based healthcare sites",
>> i.e. places where you can find some people from the community who got a
>> basic training about malaria testing, + sometimes pulmonary infections
>> and children diarrheal diseases diagnostics. They are usually supplied
>> with medicines by medical organisations.
>> This service is quite useful as it helps treating patients (specially
>> children) closer to the place they live, in particular in rural areas
>> where you can't find any health center or doctor.
>> I'm currently facing the issue of tagging this kind of place. Any tag
>> suggestion would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Claire
>>
>> --
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>.

Twitter: @ravilacoya <http://twitter.com/ravilacoya>
*Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)* <http://www.hotosm.org>

Re: [HOT Tagging] Tag for community based healthcare? / Quel tag pour les sites de soins communautaires ?

Imre Samu
Hi Rafael,

I will  also add 2 more keys   ( according to your documentation [2] and data [1] )
-  staff_count:doctors=0     ( with the key: amenity=doctors ... this is a good indicator )
-  staff_count:nurses=1      ( 0...n  ;  number of health trained people )

[1] overpass query:  http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/bzt  ( medical_system:western=* )

Cheers,
  Imre

> [...]

>> basic training about malaria testing, + sometimes pulmonary infections
>> and children diarrheal diseases diagnostics. They are usually supplied
>> with medicines by medical organisations.
>> This service is quite useful as it helps treating patients (specially
>> children) closer to the place they live, in particular in rural areas
>> where you can't find any health center or doctor.
>> I'm currently facing the issue of tagging this kind of place. Any tag
>> suggestion would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Claire
>>
>> --
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>.

Twitter: @ravilacoya <http://twitter.com/ravilacoya>
*Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)* <http://www.hotosm.org>

Re: [HOT Tagging] Tag for community based healthcare? / Quel tag pour les sites de soins communautaires ?

Hi, Imre:

Yeah, after sending the email I remembered that.

staff_count:nurses=* might be ok. Alternatively, we could use
staff_count:paramedics=* or staff_count:therapists=*

Another thing that I remembered and didn't say in my email:

I would tag with a node over the facility. Facility building/s should be
tagged as building=hospital (I always thing that a building=health tag
or similar would be better...).

Cheers,

Rafael.

On 21/09/15 15:40, Imre Samu wrote:

> [...]
>     send
>     >> an email to [hidden email]
>     <mailto:tagging%[hidden email]>
>     >> <mailto:[hidden email]
>     <mailto:tagging%[hidden email]>>.
>     >> To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     >> <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>.
>     >
>     > HOT mailing list
>     > https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
>
>     --
>     Twitter: @ravilacoya <http://twitter.com/ravilacoya>
>     *Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)* <http://www.hotosm.org>

Twitter: @ravilacoya <http://twitter.com/ravilacoya>
*Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)* <http://www.hotosm.org>

Re: [HOT Tagging] Tag for community based healthcare? / Quel tag pour les sites de soins communautaires ?

Hi Blake, Rafael and Imre,

Thank you very much for all the good points.

I was actually thinking of some set of tags like the following:
health_facility:type=office
health_person:type=community (or community_relay or communitary, to be added to the list)
health_service:test=yes
disease:malaria=yes (that's the most common one)
temporary=yes (as some are specifically set up for the seasonal malaria peak)

I don't feel comfortable with tagging the building as hospital or adding amenity=doctors while this is what is used for proper health centers (even if I'd like it better to see those services also rendered).In the case described here, there are no doctors, not even nurses in those places and yet this is normal (it's not the case of a health center which should have doctors despite not having any).

Best,

Claire

Claire Halleux
+243 81 611 6998 (Kinshasa, DRC)
OpenStreetMap RDC

On 22/09/15 09:11, Claire Halleux wrote:
> Hi Blake, Rafael and Imre,
>
> Thank you very much for all the good points.
>
> I was actually thinking of some set of tags like the following:
> health_facility:type=office
> health_person:type=community (or community_relay or communitary, to be
> added to the list)

health_person:type=paramedic looks to be quite what you look for:
"places where you can find some people from the community who got a
basic training about malaria testing, + sometimes pulmonary infections
and children diarrheal diseases diagnostics", as a paramedic is "a
health care related person, who got at least enough training to do his
work, which is to help in the case of emergencies."

What I mean is that, apart from not being in the health_person:type list
yet, it's not all the community who provide this first aid, but only
some trained people in the community.

> health_service:test=yes
> disease:malaria=yes (that's the most common one)
> temporary=yes (as some are specifically set up for the seasonal malaria
> peak)

temporary=yes [1][2] is being used only for temporary facilities (like
disaster refugee camps, roads in construction, etc.). But in the case of
this community health offices, what you mean is not a temporary object,
but a "permanent" one that is open only in a season of the year, so that
should go in opening_hours

As Sud-Kivu rainy season (malaria peak) goes from November to March (if
I am not mistaken), the tag could be something like:

opening_hours=Jan-Mar, Nov-Dec: sunrise-sunset

If they close on Sunday for example, you can make it:

opening_hours=Jan-Mar, Nov-Dec: Mo-Sa sunrise-sunset

I know that talking about opening hours in a small village in deep RDC
is almost a joke, anyway. But I think temporary=* is a wrong tag here.

I agree with the rest of tags you propose that I didn't comment.

Cheers, and have a nice week,

Rafael.

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Proposed_features/temporary