Tag-info: Tag descriptons

Dave F
Hi

 From where does tag-info derive the descriptions for each tag?

place=farm is "Individually named farm (but not isolated)." which I
believe is incorrect. It should be used (very rarely, I assume) where a
group of dwellings (hamlet) have taken the name of a nearby farm. To tag
the area surrounding farm buildings, landuse=farmyard should be used.

This, along with mapnik carto rendering them, has led to an increase in
the misuse of this tag combination.

Fill out this tool for evidence:
http://taghistory.raifer.tech/

  Could it be amended please.

Cheers
Dave F.

Re: Tag-info: Tag descriptons

Imre Samu
Hi Dave,

> From where does tag-info derive the descriptions for each tag?

>place=farm is "Individually named farm (but not isolated)." which I believe is incorrect.

see "Description"  on the wiki page :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:place%3Dfarm

wiki source:
{{ValueDescription
|key=place
|value=farm
|description=Individually named farm (but not isolated).
|onNode=yes
|onWay=no
|onArea=yes
|status=In use

Best,
 Imre

Hi

From where does tag-info derive the descriptions for each tag?

place=farm is "Individually named farm (but not isolated)." which I believe is incorrect. It should be used (very rarely, I assume) where a group of dwellings (hamlet) have taken the name of a nearby farm. To tag the area surrounding farm buildings, landuse=farmyard should be used.

This, along with mapnik carto rendering them, has led to an increase in the misuse of this tag combination.

Fill out this tool for evidence:
http://taghistory.raifer.tech/

 Could it be amended please.

Cheers
Dave F.

Re: Tag-info: Tag descriptons

Dave F
Thanks for that

Type 'farm' into the wiki & it take you to http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Farm

place=farm - a place named by a name of a farm

This appears to contradict the other (incorrect) description.

I'll discuss further on Talk forum.

Dave F.

On 13/09/2016 17:26, Imre Samu wrote:
Hi Dave,

> From where does tag-info derive the descriptions for each tag?

>place=farm is "Individually named farm (but not isolated)." which I believe is incorrect.

see "Description"  on the wiki page :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:place%3Dfarm

wiki source:
{{ValueDescription
|key=place
|value=farm
|description=Individually named farm (but not isolated).
|onNode=yes
|onWay=no
|onArea=yes
|status=In use

Best,
 Imre

Hi

From where does tag-info derive the descriptions for each tag?

Il giorno 13 set 2016, alle ore 18:38, Dave F <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

place=farm - a place named by a name of a farm

This appears to contradict the other (incorrect) description.

I'll discuss further on Talk forum

+1, actually tagging would seem most suitable

cheers,