Tagging animal sanctuaries

Nicolas Maia
According to Wikipedia, an animal sanctuary "is a facility where animals are brought to live and be protected for the rest of their lives. Unlike animal shelters, sanctuaries do not seek to place animals with individuals or groups, instead maintaining each animal until its natural death."[1]

Currently, there seems to be no way to indicate this. While there is the amenity=animal_shelter tag, there is no good method for representing this. So I propose to extend animal_shelter:purpose= to allow the value "sanctuary", which ideally should be coupled with "animal_shelter:release=no".

What do you think?

 [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_sanctuary

Nicolas Maia
--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Claim your encrypted mailbox today!
https://tutanota.com

Re: Tagging animal sanctuaries

Markus-5
On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 at 18:35, Nicolas Maia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So I propose to extend animal_shelter:purpose= to allow the value "sanctuary", which ideally should be coupled with "animal_shelter:release=no".

As you wrote, animal sanctuaries aren't animal shelters, so why not
tagging them amenity=animal_sanctuary instead? This seems simpler and
clearer to me.

Regards
Markus

Re: Tagging animal sanctuaries

Nicolas Maia
I was trying to avoid tag proliferation and, since the two share features, I thought it would be useful if an animal sanctuary tag can reuse tags from animal_shelter, to make it more meaningful.

But either way is fine for me. I was wondering if others have opinions on this.

Nicolas Maia
--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Claim your encrypted mailbox today!
https://tutanota.com

20 de nov de 2018 16:26 por [hidden email]: