Tagging of amenity=kindergarten operated by charitable operators and organisations

Tagging of amenity=kindergarten operated by charitable operators and organisations

Konrad Lischka
I try to sum up what I took away from the discussion in regard to my original questions:

(1) tagging charitable operators of an amenity=kindergarten
operator:type=charitable

and
operator:type=religious (according to https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Tag:amenity%3Dkindergarten)

At least in Germany some Kindergartens belonging to religious organisations have different policies to prefer based on religion (and other criteria like siblings), but no policies to exclude based on religion as far as I know. See:
https://www.kita.de/wissen/katholischer-kindergarten/
https://rp-online.de/nrw/staedte/duesseldorf/kita-platz-nur-bei-richtiger-konfession_aid-21330987

(2) independent charitable entities belonging to umbrella organisations
operator:umbrella_organisation=
NOT organisation=

Thanks for your thoughts!

Re: Tagging of amenity=kindergarten operated by charitable operators and organisations

> On 10. Jan 2019, at 11:05, Konrad Lischka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> (1) tagging charitable operators of an amenity=kindergarten
> operator:type=charitable
>
> and
> operator:type=religious (according to https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Tag:amenity%3Dkindergarten)

this doesn’t seem to work well, being recognized as charitable is orthogonal to being related to a religious community, so this is conflicting in certain cases.

Besides that there is no definition what “charitable” means. And that operator:type=religious according to the German translation of the wiki would not even be applicable for your caritas example. And business and private are mostly overlapping. I suggest the Germans discuss this page, the additions don’t seem mature.

Cheers, Martin