[Talk-transit] Public Transport Mapping Party (3. Sep. 10:30h in Bremen, Germany)

[Talk-transit] Public Transport Mapping Party (3. Sep. 10:30h in Bremen, Germany)

Rittmeier, Raffael
Hello everyone.

The OpenStreetMap User Group Bremen invites you to our public transport mapping party (it will most likely be in German :-). You find more information at http://osm-bremen.de or at the wiki.

We will have two presentations and a practical part that requires some knowledge editing OSM (we will be using jOSM).

Do you have any suggestions regarding "must haves", topics that are important and should be mentioned?

Cheers
Raffael

Re: [Talk-transit] Public Transport Mapping Party (3. Sep. 10:30h in Bremen, Germany)

Jo-2
Hi Raffael,

I hope you are aware of the public transport plugin for JOSM created by Darya Golovko, as part of GSoC.

I usually download data for an area using Overpass API:

[out:xml][timeout:225];
(
  relation["public_transport:version"="2"]["route"="bus"];
);
(._;>;);
out meta;

Then I run the validator (with the plugin installed, which results is extra validator messages, some which can be fixed automatically).

Let me know if you find problems with it.

I downloaded Bremen now and I'll have a preliminary look at the data myself.

Cheers,

Polyglot

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/PT_Assistant