[Talk-transit] Purge tag "priority" from tracks

[Talk-transit] Purge tag "priority" from tracks

Roland Olbricht-4
Dear fellow mappers,

a while ago we, the company Mentz, introduced the tag "priority" on railway lines, i.e. ways tagged as railway=*.

This tag made quite a lot of people in the German community unhappy. Thus we decided to stop using that tag and to infer the information from route relations on the track instead.

Even after a longer grace period no one in favour of the tag did show up. However, we are frequently asked to remove the tag. We would like to do so now.

The Overpass query

[out:csv(::user)];
way["railway"]["priority"];
out meta;

is designed to identify the users that have last touched ways with tags "railway" and "priority". This query yields that mostly Mentz mappers have last touched these ways.
{ sort | uniq -c | sort -rn | head; } says:

1554 haytigran
1538 MENTZ_TU
953 rayquaza
538 taoxue
467 mentzdv_NR
431 flierfy
311 mentz_ML
281 Jojo4u
278 jaimemd
246 Markus K

We plan to do a one-time edit, touching all objects found by the above listed query, and remove the tag "priority" from them. Given the geographical distribution, I would suggest to do one changeset per state in Germany (where most of the ways are) and one changeset for UK.

Best regards,

Roland

--
Dr. Roland Olbricht