Tasks to mapping some affected places by "friaje" in Lima, Perú

Tasks to mapping some affected places by "friaje" in Lima, Perú

Johnattan Rupire
Hi all,
in Perú we are living, sadly, as every year, the down of the
temperature, that we know as "friaje", many places was affected. Some
days ago, Anibal, an humanitarian volunteer, share in our telegram
group, news about an emergency situation in highlands of Lima [0]. After
some troubles in josm to read the geojson files generated in it, we have
now the areas about the communities that Anibal notified as the
impacteds.[1]

He, and his team, will going to these areas to carry on some
humanitarian help. We, in Lima, can to collaborate this time only with
remote mapping. Can someone help us to create the tasks for this?

We want to mapping ways, waterways, and buildings. As the areas are
little, we think we can map the farming areas too.

[0]http://unidad4x4ayudaemergenciasperu.blogspot.com/2018/06/peru-victimas-de-quemaduras-por-el-frio.html
[1]https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yoinATPMNyADRRvO3d0qok2v7big9gYf?usp=sharing

--
Johnattan Rupire
@johnarupire

Re: Tasks to mapping some affected places by "friaje" in Lima, Perú

Community Working Group
Hi Johnattan,

Sorry to hear this friaje is so bad; yes we can help. We're still working several other responses, so I'm hoping to get one of our disaster coordination trainees to take this on for you.  If you want to join us in our #disaster-mapping channel on Slack, feel free: http://slack.hotosm.org/ Otherwise we will try to get the first project up as soon as possible. Feel free to also reach out to me direct.

Is there any order of priority with the 6 areas?
=Russ

Russell Deffner
Email: [hidden email]
OSM/Skype: russdeffner
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)

Re: Tasks to mapping some affected places by "friaje" in Lima, Perú

Johnattan Rupire
Thank you so much to all of you!

the task are finished. Here some of us will are going to Yauyos as part
of an Humanitarian Mission to give help to people affected and take some
experience in the ground for future emergencies.

We get out from Lima on friday 3 and return sunday 5. To that moment we
think the mapping of buildings in this area is needed.

This experience is very important to us, to know the limitations of our
tools in the ground.

We are going with people from some volunteers organizations, so is a
important activity to share osm possibilities in they work.

Thank you all again!

Johna.

El 2018-07-23 18:45, [hidden email] escribió:

> Hi Johnattan,
>
> Sorry to hear this friaje is so bad; yes we can help. We're still
> working several other responses, so I'm hoping to get one of our
> disaster coordination trainees to take this on for you.  If you want
> to join us in our #disaster-mapping channel on Slack, feel free:
> http://slack.hotosm.org/ Otherwise we will try to get the first
> project up as soon as possible. Feel free to also reach out to me
> direct.
>
> Is there any order of priority with the 6 areas?
> =Russ
>
> Russell Deffner
> Email: [hidden email]
> OSM/Skype: russdeffner
> Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)

Johnattan Rupire
@johnarupire

Re: [activation hotosm] Re: Tasks to mapping some affected places by "friaje" in Lima, Perú

Paul Stewart
Hi Johnattan,

The buildings project has been created and is ready to launch. We can start right away. There are hundreds rather than thousands of buildings in the area so it won't take very long to complete.

Best,

Paul

On Wed, 1 Aug 2018, 06:49 Johnattan Rupire, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you so much to all of you!

the task are finished. Here some of us will are going to Yauyos as part
of an Humanitarian Mission to give help to people affected and take some
experience in the ground for future emergencies.

We get out from Lima on friday 3 and return sunday 5. To that moment we
think the mapping of buildings in this area is needed.

This experience is very important to us, to know the limitations of our
tools in the ground.

We are going with people from some volunteers organizations, so is a
important activity to share osm possibilities in they work.

Thank you all again!

Johna.

El 2018-07-23 18:45, [hidden email] escribió:
> Hi Johnattan,
>
> Sorry to hear this friaje is so bad; yes we can help. We're still
> working several other responses, so I'm hoping to get one of our
> disaster coordination trainees to take this on for you.  If you want
> to join us in our #disaster-mapping channel on Slack, feel free:
> http://slack.hotosm.org/ Otherwise we will try to get the first
> project up as soon as possible. Feel free to also reach out to me
> direct.
>
> Is there any order of priority with the 6 areas?
> =Russ
>
> Russell Deffner
> Email: [hidden email]
> OSM/Skype: russdeffner
> Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)

Thank you Paul,
so, we wait for the link to start mapping.

Best,

Johna

--
Johnattan Rupire
@johnarupire

Re: [activation hotosm] Re: Tasks to mapping some affected places by "friaje" in Lima, Perú

Paul Stewart
Hi,

The link is https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/4918, but there's not much left to map!

Best,

Paul

--
Johnattan Rupire
@johnarupire

Re: [activation hotosm] Re: Tasks to mapping some affected places by "friaje" in Lima, Perú

Community Working Group

Johna and all,

There is only a little validation left on project 4918; high hopes it will be completely finished by tomorrow. Do you need any assistance exporting the data or any other needs for the relief effort?

Best regards,

=Russ

Russell Deffner

Email: [hidden email]

OSM/Skype: russdeffner

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)

Web | Wiki | Blog | Contact | Donate

2018 HOT SUMMIT Logo

--
Johnattan Rupire
@johnarupire

Re: [activation hotosm] Re: Tasks to mapping some affected places by "friaje" in Lima, Perú

Johnattan Rupire
Hi Russ,
thanks! Now we are in the way to Yauyos.
Time to learn.
Thank you all!
Johna

--
Johnattan Rupire
@johnarupire

Enviado desde mi dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Por favor, disculpa mi brevedad.

Re: Tasks to mapping some affected places by "friaje" in Lima, Perú

Ragi Burhum-2
Hi Johnattan,
Hello Johnattan,

First, thank you for working on the friaje problem in Perú. Many peruvians like me care a lot about what is happening in the Andes. Second, although I am mainly a HOT OSM lurker, I would like to offer you some help with the PeruSat-1. Please let me know if you need some free fresh high res imagery (from this week/month) from the peruvian satellite for these tasks - I can most likely provide you with it if you are willing to fill out some forms. Feel free to reach out off list.

Best regards,

Ragi Burhum
CEO

+1 (415) 935-1447