Temperature tag

Warin
The wiki page for temperature
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:temperature has been empty for
some time.. I've taken the plunge and made some entries .. see what you
think!

Any ideas for improvements will be gratefully recived. Critisium without
a suggestion as to how to improve, less so, but better than nothing.

You can, of course, make you own entries directly to the page.

Re: Temperature tag

AlaskaDave
I'm not sure I'll ever use it but I made a few edits I felt will help clarify what you are proposing.

Cheers,

AlaskaDave

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Warin <[hidden email]> wrote:
The wiki page for temperature https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:temperature has been empty for some time.. I've taken the plunge and made some entries .. see what you think!

Any ideas for improvements will be gratefully recived. Critisium without a suggestion as to how to improve, less so, but better than nothing.

You can, of course, make you own entries directly to the page.

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Re: Temperature tag

Warin
Thanks Dave.

I've looked at them and added to them too..

Rendering the data is more of a problem. I think that the simplest thing is to leave the object rendering alone and add a symbol to it.

 For hot objects and those of a higher temperature red wavey lines above the object seam appropriate.

For cold objects and those of a lower temperature a blue rectangle around the object seam apropriate.

This leaves chilled and warm  unrendered.. if someone has some ideas of how to render them fell free to comment.