Testing Kosmo 2.0

Rahkonen Jukka
Hi,

I noticed that there is a new Kosmo version available and made a quick trial immediately. Here are some first comments. I have been using much more OpenJUMP so I am comparing some things with OJ.

- Kosmo 2.0 does not start at all with my normal account with limited rights for my computer (Windows XP).  It never goes further that "Loading spatial reference systems libraries".  With admin account it starts ok.  It did not help to make installation as admin with the installer first.  After installation Kosmo starts for admin but not for a normal user. By the way, installer creates shortcuts only for the admin account and not for other users.

- WMS does not give a possibility to select which WMS version to use.  If no version is given, the WMS server must default to the highest it support. In my case it is 1.3.0. That can lead to difficulties if WMS server is having layers in EPSG:4326 projection because WMS 1.3.0 wants the coordinate axis as latitude-longitude.  Fortunately my test server supports also CRS:84 projection.

- Does Kosmo have a Zoom to WMS extents function? I am using that rather a lot with OpenJUMP. However, I know it is not so usable function for everybody.  Kosmo seemed to have Zoom to layer active immediately after adding WMS layer into the project but not after that.

- "Change WMS style" is cool.

- Is it so that Kosmo cannot connect WMS servers which are protected by https and username/password?  OpenJUMP handles this if connection URL is given as https://username:password@.../wms

- Kosmo does make WFS connection with my Geoserver 2.1 RC2 but it does not read the featureType.  Geoserver log shows
that Kosmo is sending the getCapabilities and describeFeatureType requests OK, but it is never sending getFeature request.  Kosmo shows me this error message: "The WFS layer states couldn't be loaded".

This snippet from Geoserver log shows that the first two requests was sent as supposed.

Connect with server
==============
04 maalis 14:30:12 INFO [geoserver.wfs] -
Request: getServiceInfo
04 maalis 14:30:12 INFO [geoserver.wfs] -
Request: getCapabilities
 acceptVersions:
  version = [1.0.0]
 sections = null
 acceptFormats = null
 updateSequence = null
 baseUrl = http://193.209.42.104:8080/geoserver/
 namespace = null
 extendedProperties = {}
 service = WFS

Press "Next" for getting the layers
=========================

04 maalis 14:30:43 INFO [geoserver.wfs] -
Request: getServiceInfo
04 maalis 14:30:43 WARN [geoserver.ows] - There's a namespace parameter but it seems it wasn't parsed to a org.xml.sax.helpers.NamespaceSupport: xmlns(topp=http://www.openplans.org/topp)
04 maalis 14:30:43 INFO [geoserver.wfs] -
Request: describeFeatureType
 handle = null
 service = WFS
 version = 1.0.0
 baseUrl =
http://193.209.42.104:8080/geoserver/
 providedVersion = null
 extendedProperties = {}
 typeName = [{http://www.openplans.org/topp}states]
 outputFormat = XMLSCHEMA
Same thing happens with all the Geoserver demo layers, no getFeatures are received by the server.

By the way, I am working through proxy, if that matters.  But Kosmo does read capabilities OK through proxy.

I have an open WFS service made with TinyOWS running at

Kosmo does not read features from that service either.  Feel free to use my server for testing.

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: Testing Kosmo 2.0

Sergio Baños Calvo
Good morning Jukka.

First of all, thank you very much for your trial, it will help us to improve and correct the application :).

Respect of your comments:

The application installer we're using (Install Jammer - http://www.installjammer.com) seems to be limited in the functionalities you're talking about: the rights stablished to the install directory dependes on the user that executed the installer and there is no option to add the shorcuts for the other users. Anyway I'll check the lasts versions of it to see if it has been improved and we can add both options to the Kosmo Desktop installer.

- WMS does not give a possibility to select which WMS version to use.  If no version is given, the WMS server must default to the highest it support. In my case it is 1.3.0. That can lead to difficulties if WMS server is having layers in EPSG:4326 projection because WMS 1.3.0 wants the coordinate axis as latitude-longitude.  Fortunately my test server supports also CRS:84 projection.
As you have stated, currently Kosmo Desktop doesn't give the user to select the exact WMS version that the WMS connector should use to stablish the connection to the server. We'll add the option for the next version, it's a good suggestion. Respect of the EPSG:4326 projection, we need to change the behaviour of the connector to take into account the coordinate axis shift.

- Does Kosmo have a Zoom to WMS extents function? I am using that rather a lot with OpenJUMP. However, I know it is not so usable function for everybody.  Kosmo seemed to have Zoom to layer active immediately after adding WMS layer into the project but not after that.
Kosmo Desktop calculates the envelope that includes all the envelopes for the WMS layer inner layers: KD doesn't have the option to go to the extent of a inner layer in particular, but it's a good improvement to add :). The Zoom to layer should be available to WMS layers always, I'll check that behaviour.

- "Change WMS style" is cool.
Nice :)

- Is it so that Kosmo cannot connect WMS servers which are protected by https and username/password?  OpenJUMP handles this if connection URL is given as https://username:password@.../wms
No, KD doesn't allow that type of connection: another functionality to add ;)

- Kosmo does make WFS connection with my Geoserver 2.1 RC2 but it does not read the featureType.  Geoserver log shows
that Kosmo is sending the getCapabilities and describeFeatureType requests OK, but it is never sending getFeature request.  Kosmo shows me this error message: "The WFS layer states couldn't be loaded".
By the way, I am working through proxy, if that matters.  But Kosmo does read capabilities OK through proxy.
The proxy shouldn't be a problem, but I will check it.

I have an open WFS service made with TinyOWS running at

Kosmo does not read features from that service either.  Feel free to use my server for testing.
I have tested your service (btw, thanks for it :) ) and, after correcting some code in the WFS connector about XML parameters reading, I get to an "500 - Internal server error". Could you check if the server is working ok?

Regards,

_______________________________________________ Kosmo_int mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.saig.es/mailman/listinfo/kosmo_int

--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Testing Kosmo 2.0

Rahkonen Jukka
Hi, and thanks for the answers.

Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

> I have tested your service (btw, thanks for it :) )
> and, after correcting some code in the WFS connector
> about XML parameters reading, I get to an
> "500 - Internal server error". Could you check if
> the server is working ok?

GetFeature works for me both with WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0

GetCapabilities look good, as well as DescribeFeatureType

I started to translate Kosmo into Finnish and I hope I will have somehow usable language file next week. Where can I send it when it is ready?

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: Testing Kosmo 2.0

Rahkonen Jukka
Hi again,

I realised just that Kosmo is sending GetFeatures as http POST and my GET test URLs do not guarantee that POST works also. I need to make some tests with POST but I have not been doing POST debugging and it may take me a while to learn which tools to use and how to operate with them. I will let you hear later.

If you find out something that is obviously bug on TinyOWS side I can forward the reports for the developers.  I am planning to run also open MapServer WFS and GeoServer WFS services on the same server later to test with.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Vastaanottaja: International Kosmo mailing list (english languaje)
Aihe: Re: [Kosmo_int] Testing Kosmo 2.0

Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

> I have tested your service (btw, thanks for it :) )
> and, after correcting some code in the WFS connector
> about XML parameters reading, I get to an
> "500 - Internal server error". Could you check if
> the server is working ok?

GetFeature works for me both with WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0

GetCapabilities look good, as well as DescribeFeatureType

I started to translate Kosmo into Finnish and I hope I will have somehow usable language file next week. Where can I send it when it is ready?

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: Testing Kosmo 2.0

Sergio Baños Calvo
Hi again Jukka.

Yes, the GetCapabilities and DescribeFeatureType requests works ok, but the problema arises when the GetFeature request is sent: as you mention in your next mail, Kosmo Desktop uses POST to get the features, so may be this is the problem.

There isn't any clue in the "500 - Internal server error" response to get what's happening, it should be in the server log but the client doesn't get any hint.

I started to translate Kosmo into Finnish and I hope I will have somehow usable language file next week. Where can I send it when it is ready?

Great :). You can send it to me directly to my personal mail and we add a new update to the download web page. I'll need also the label you like to add to the contributors page.

Regards,

Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

> I have tested your service (btw, thanks for it :) )
> and, after correcting some code in the WFS connector
> about XML parameters reading, I get to an
> "500 - Internal server error". Could you check if
> the server is working ok?

GetFeature works for me both with WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0

GetCapabilities look good, as well as DescribeFeatureType

I started to translate Kosmo into Finnish and I hope I will have somehow usable language file next week. Where can I send it when it is ready?

-Jukka Rahkonen-
_______________________________________________ Kosmo_int mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.saig.es/mailman/listinfo/kosmo_int

--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Testing Kosmo 2.0

Rahkonen Jukka
Hi,

I sent some observations about Kosmo as a WFS client fot the TinyOWS server two months ago. Now I have updated my TinyOWS server into version 1.0 rc1 which is supposed to pass all the CITE WFS tests for both WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0.  Unfortunately after this update Kosmo does not get any further than reading the GetCapabilities and DescribeFeatureType.
If you happen to have some development versions about the WFS client available I would be happy to do some testing. My WFS server is also open for you and it is still found at http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

> I have tested your service (btw, thanks for it :) )
> and, after correcting some code in the WFS connector
> about XML parameters reading, I get to an
> "500 - Internal server error". Could you check if
> the server is working ok?

GetFeature works for me both with WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0

GetCapabilities look good, as well as DescribeFeatureType

I started to translate Kosmo into Finnish and I hope I will have somehow usable language file next week. Where can I send it when it is ready?

-Jukka Rahkonen-
_______________________________________________ Kosmo_int mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.saig.es/mailman/listinfo/kosmo_int

--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Testing Kosmo 2.0

Sergio Baños Calvo
Hi Jukka.

I did some modifications to the WFS connector the first time but I didn't manage to connect to your old TinyOWS instance.

I have made some testing over your new TinyOWS server and, after some adjustments to the WFS connector, I have finally got some data from it. The clue about the problem was given for a post made by you at the TinyOWS list (in this case the TinyOWS server response wasn't an internal server error like the last time, but a wrong content-type header exception):

http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/tinyows-users/2010-September/000193.html

I'll try to generate a development version for testing in the next few days.

Regards,

Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

> I have tested your service (btw, thanks for it :) )
> and, after correcting some code in the WFS connector
> about XML parameters reading, I get to an
> "500 - Internal server error". Could you check if
> the server is working ok?

GetFeature works for me both with WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0

GetCapabilities look good, as well as DescribeFeatureType

I started to translate Kosmo into Finnish and I hope I will have somehow usable language file next week. Where can I send it when it is ready?

-Jukka Rahkonen-
_______________________________________________ Kosmo_int mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.saig.es/mailman/listinfo/kosmo_int

--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Testing Kosmo 2.0

Rahkonen Jukka
Hi,

I may have found something new today, it is about how TinyOWS is listing the URLs for GetFeature in http GET vs. POST.  I have asked about is from deegree and TinyOWS user lists.  I believe you should check it as well. TinyOWS is announcing the GET and POST URLs in two separate ows:DCP elements while deegree and Geoserver are listing them as a list in one DCP element. I suspect that because of this OpenJUMP WFS plugin and iGeoDesktop do not find the Post URL at all.

This is from deegree WFS

<ows:OperationsMetadata xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ows">
<ows:Operation xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ows" name="GetFeature">
<ows:DCP xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ows">
<ows:HTTP xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ows">
<ows:Get xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ows" xlink:href="http://demo.deegree.org:80/deegree-wfs/services?" xlink:type="simple"></ows:Get>
<ows:Post xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ows" xlink:href="http://demo.deegree.org:80/deegree-wfs/services" xlink:type="simple"></ows:Post>
</ows:HTTP>
</ows:DCP>
</ows:Operation>

This is from TinyOWS

<ows:Operation xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ows" name="GetFeature">
<ows:DCP xmlns="
http://www.opengis.net/ows">
<ows:HTTP xmlns="
http://www.opengis.net/ows">
<ows:Get xmlns="
http://www.opengis.net/ows" xlink:href="<A href='http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?">http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?"></ows:Get>
</ows:HTTP>
</ows:DCP>
<ows:DCP xmlns="
http://www.opengis.net/ows">
<ows:HTTP xmlns="
http://www.opengis.net/ows">
<ows:Post xmlns="
http://www.opengis.net/ows" xlink:href="<A href='http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows">http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows"></ows:Post>
</ows:HTTP>
</ows:DCP>

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

> I have tested your service (btw, thanks for it :) )
> and, after correcting some code in the WFS connector
> about XML parameters reading, I get to an
> "500 - Internal server error". Could you check if
> the server is working ok?

GetFeature works for me both with WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0

GetCapabilities look good, as well as DescribeFeatureType

I started to translate Kosmo into Finnish and I hope I will have somehow usable language file next week. Where can I send it when it is ready?

-Jukka Rahkonen-
_______________________________________________ Kosmo_int mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.saig.es/mailman/listinfo/kosmo_int

--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Testing Kosmo 2.0

Sergio Baños Calvo
Hi again Jukka.

No problem for Kosmo Desktop, it's processing the operations in both ways, so the POST url (the one that uses Kosmo Desktop for connecting to the server) is being taken correctly (in the current development version, that error is present at the 2.0 official version).

I have made some more testings in your server instance and seems that the connector is not retrieving properly some of the features from the server (it's giving errors when parsing the response when requesting 1.000 features). I'll keep you informed about any advances.

Regards,

El 12/05/2011 15:08, Rahkonen Jukka escribió:
[...]

http://www.opengis.net/ows" xlink:href="http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?"></ows:Get>
</ows:HTTP>
</ows:DCP>
<ows:DCP xmlns="
http://www.opengis.net/ows">
<ows:HTTP xmlns="
http://www.opengis.net/ows">
<ows:Post xmlns="
http://www.opengis.net/ows" xlink:href="http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows"></ows:Post>
</ows:HTTP>
</ows:DCP>

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

> I have tested your service (btw, thanks for it :) )
> and, after correcting some code in the WFS connector
> about XML parameters reading, I get to an
> "500 - Internal server error". Could you check if
> the server is working ok?

GetFeature works for me both with WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0

GetCapabilities look good, as well as DescribeFeatureType

I started to translate Kosmo into Finnish and I hope I will have somehow usable language file next week. Where can I send it when it is ready?

-Jukka Rahkonen-
_______________________________________________ Kosmo_int mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.saig.es/mailman/listinfo/kosmo_int

--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Testing Kosmo 2.0

Rahkonen Jukka
Hi,

There may well be data errors in my current feature types because the OpenStreetMap data do not always convert easily into simple features and GML.  I have corrected some most obvious issues like renaming attributes like addr:housenumber into addr_housenumber but I am not surprised if there are some errors left. I should really add some more conventional feature types into the service and include other types of attributes than just strings.

I look forward to get my hands on your development version.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

> I have tested your service (btw, thanks for it :) )
> and, after correcting some code in the WFS connector
> about XML parameters reading, I get to an
> "500 - Internal server error". Could you check if
> the server is working ok?

GetFeature works for me both with WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0

GetCapabilities look good, as well as DescribeFeatureType

I started to translate Kosmo into Finnish and I hope I will have somehow usable language file next week. Where can I send it when it is ready?

-Jukka Rahkonen-
_______________________________________________ Kosmo_int mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.saig.es/mailman/listinfo/kosmo_int

--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Testing Kosmo 2.0

Sergio Baños Calvo
Hi Jukka.

I did some adjustments to the connector yesterday and I could manage to load the layers municipalities, osm_line and osm_polygon (the osm_point layer keeps giving me problems with some characters in the attributes when I request 1.000 or more features).

Here it's a capture of the layer "municipalities" loaded in Kosmo Desktop. Could you confirm me that the attribute data hasn't been correctly retrieved (seems that some of the characters hasn't been read correctly in the fields "suural_ni1", "suural_ni2", "avi_n1" and "avi_n2")?

tinyows_municipalities

Regards,

Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

> I have tested your service (btw, thanks for it :) )
> and, after correcting some code in the WFS connector
> about XML parameters reading, I get to an
> "500 - Internal server error". Could you check if
> the server is working ok?

GetFeature works for me both with WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0

GetCapabilities look good, as well as DescribeFeatureType

I started to translate Kosmo into Finnish and I hope I will have somehow usable language file next week. Where can I send it when it is ready?

-Jukka Rahkonen-
_______________________________________________ Kosmo_int mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.saig.es/mailman/listinfo/kosmo_int

--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Testing Kosmo 2.0

Rahkonen Jukka
Hi,

Great progress!  You are right, some characters do not look right. You can try to compare with this direct GetFeature

http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=getfeature&typename=municipalities&maxfeatures=1

Data comes from PostGIS and it is UTF8 there. Most common non-ASCII charaters are a-uml, o-uml and a-ring
"äöåÄÖÅ", if they now look OK even through this mail.

-Jukka-

> [...]

>>>             S.L.)
>>>             Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
>>>             Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876
>>>
>>>             E-mail: [hidden email]

>>         --
>>
>>         Sergio Baños Calvo
>>
>>         Jefe de desarrollos
>>         Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
>>         Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
>>         Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876
>>
>>         E-mail: [hidden email]

>     --
>
>     Sergio Baños Calvo
>
>     Jefe de desarrollos
>     Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
>     Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
>     Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876
>
>     E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)

Seems that the server is sending the response correctly, so it's a problem in client side: I'll revise how the request response is read, seems that it's ignoring the charset and it's reading it incorrectly.

Regards,

            Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

            > I have tested your service (btw, thanks for it :) )
            > and, after correcting some code in the WFS connector
            > about XML parameters reading, I get to an
            > "500 - Internal server error". Could you check if
            > the server is working ok?
            GetFeature works for me both with WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0
            http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=getfeature&typename=osm_point&maxfeatures=100
            <http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=getfeature&typename=osm_point&maxfeatures=100>
            and
            http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=getfeature&typename=osm_point&maxfeatures=100
            <http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=getfeature&typename=osm_point&maxfeatures=100>
            GetCapabilities look good, as well as DescribeFeatureType
            http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=describefeaturetype&typename=osm_point
            <http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=describefeaturetype&typename=osm_point>
            http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=describefeaturetype&typename=osm_point
            <http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=describefeaturetype&typename=osm_point>
            I started to translate Kosmo into Finnish and I hope I
            will have somehow usable language file next week. Where
            can I send it when it is ready?
            -Jukka Rahkonen-

            Sergio Baños Calvo

            Jefe de desarrollos
            Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG
            S.L.)
            Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
            Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

            E-mail: [hidden email]

        Sergio Baños Calvo

        Jefe de desarrollos
        Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
        Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
        Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

        E-mail: [hidden email]

    Sergio Baños Calvo

    Jefe de desarrollos
    Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
    Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
    Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

    E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Testing Kosmo 2.0

Rahkonen Jukka

Some remarks on the WFS:
- Kosmo is using about the same WFS reader than gvSIG, or?  If yes, Kosmo may have same troubles than gvSIG (tested with version 1.11.0).

- Check the attribute table in Kosmo after doing GetFeature

Compare it with the layer schema

The resultset contains empty values for attribute "text3" and obviously therefore gvSIG builds an attribute table without that attribute.  The correct way would be to read the schema, make an empty table as an template and populate it then from the captured GML.

Also, I was not able to filter the "municipalities" feature type with a filter "kunta_ni1"='Saarijärvi'.  "kuknta_ni1"='Helsinki' does work, thus the error must be related to a non-ASCII character "ä".

-Jukka Rahkonen-

            Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

            > I have tested your service (btw, thanks for it :) )
            > and, after correcting some code in the WFS connector
            > about XML parameters reading, I get to an
            > "500 - Internal server error". Could you check if
            > the server is working ok?
            GetFeature works for me both with WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0
            http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=getfeature&typename=osm_point&maxfeatures=100
            <http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=getfeature&typename=osm_point&maxfeatures=100>
            and
            http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=getfeature&typename=osm_point&maxfeatures=100
            <http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=getfeature&typename=osm_point&maxfeatures=100>
            GetCapabilities look good, as well as DescribeFeatureType
            http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=describefeaturetype&typename=osm_point
            <http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=describefeaturetype&typename=osm_point>
            http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=describefeaturetype&typename=osm_point
            <http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=describefeaturetype&typename=osm_point>
            I started to translate Kosmo into Finnish and I hope I
            will have somehow usable language file next week. Where
            can I send it when it is ready?
            -Jukka Rahkonen-

            Sergio Baños Calvo

            Jefe de desarrollos
            Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG
            S.L.)
            Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
            Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

            E-mail: [hidden email]

        Sergio Baños Calvo

        Jefe de desarrollos
        Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
        Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
        Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

        E-mail: [hidden email]

    Sergio Baños Calvo

    Jefe de desarrollos
    Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
    Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
    Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

    E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Testing Kosmo 2.0

Sergio Baños Calvo
Hi, Jukka.

The osm_point layer works like a charm when removing the "tags" field, as you pointed in your previous mail.

Respect of the WFS reader, Kosmo Desktop WFS connector is based in OpenJUMP Degree WFS plugin. I'll check this afternoon the behaviour you're talking about with the lastest connector to see if the behaviour is the same after all the changes I'm doing to it.

The filter seems to be sent incorrectly, I'll check this also.

Regards,

Hi,

            Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

            > I have tested your service (btw, thanks for it :) )
            > and, after correcting some code in the WFS connector
            > about XML parameters reading, I get to an
            > "500 - Internal server error". Could you check if
            > the server is working ok?
            GetFeature works for me both with WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0
            http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=getfeature&typename=osm_point&maxfeatures=100
            <http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=getfeature&typename=osm_point&maxfeatures=100>
            and
            http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=getfeature&typename=osm_point&maxfeatures=100
            <http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=getfeature&typename=osm_point&maxfeatures=100>
            GetCapabilities look good, as well as DescribeFeatureType
            http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=describefeaturetype&typename=osm_point
            <http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=describefeaturetype&typename=osm_point>
            http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=describefeaturetype&typename=osm_point
            <http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=describefeaturetype&typename=osm_point>
            I started to translate Kosmo into Finnish and I hope I
            will have somehow usable language file next week. Where
            can I send it when it is ready?
            -Jukka Rahkonen-

            Sergio Baños Calvo

            Jefe de desarrollos
            Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG
            S.L.)
            Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
            Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

            E-mail: [hidden email]

        Sergio Baños Calvo

        Jefe de desarrollos
        Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
        Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
        Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

        E-mail: [hidden email]

    Sergio Baños Calvo

    Jefe de desarrollos
    Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
    Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
    Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

    E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Testing Kosmo 2.0

Sergio Baños Calvo
Good morning Jukka.

The current WFS connector was using the first feature schema to build the layer schema, so that's the reason for the behaviour you commented in your mail. I have made some modifications to it in order to use the FeatureType schema instead, filtering out those attributes that have been unselected by the user, and it works right now :).

Respect to the filter issue, it's also related with the problem when reading the response from the server: it's not reading properly the response (sending the request). I will keep working on it today.

Regards,

            Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

> [...]

    Sergio Baños Calvo

    Jefe de desarrollos
    Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
    Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
    Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

    E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)

Good news about the open issue: the connector have been improved again and it works now as expected:

municipalities

The problem with your TinyOWS is that, although I request it to send me the response in UTF-8, the response header doesn't contain any info about the response charset used (I have tested other servers, like the IDEE WFS server - http://www.idee.es/IDEE-WFS/ogcwebservice? -, and it fills the header correctly) and the http client takes ISO-8859-1 by default. So I have had to force the response reader to use the charset as if the server would always response as requested, and I have manage it to work that way.

I hope to have an update for testing tomorrow, if you like to test yourself.

Regards,

            Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

> [...]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)

VS: [Kosmo_int] Testing Kosmo 2.0

Rahkonen Jukka

            Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

> [...]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)

Thus I believe that if I set encoding to ISO-8859-1 it will be so even if I make request with UTF-8

-Jukka Rahkonen-

            Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:

> [...]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)

Sorry for the reply a minute ago without any comments.
First, I would really like to test the new client when it is possible.

Second, I will need to check the response headers.  However, I can see the encoding in the response body if I send this request with my browser

The result I am getting back begins with

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<wfs:FeatureCollection
 xmlns:tows='http://www.tinyows.org/'
 xmlns:lv='http://latuviitta.fi/'
 xmlns:wfs='http://www.opengis.net/wfs'

Perhaps that encoding information could be utilised?

I believe that with TinyOWS it will be wrong to believe that the result set is using the same encoding than the request. TinyOWS tells about a configuration parameter
encoding : OptionalOutput encoding. Default is UTF-8. Others values could be ISO-8859-1 for instance.
123