The White House uses OpenStreetMap

Jean-Marc Liotier
This has bee popping up in my social networks since yesterday and I have
not seen it echoed here... So there - the White House uses OpenStreetMap
: http://www.whitehouse.gov/mapping_service/inventory/524

How is that for an endorsement ?

Re: The White House uses OpenStreetMap

Vladimir Agafonkin
It also uses CloudMade by the way :) http://www.whitehouse.gov/change

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Jean-Marc Liotier <[hidden email]> wrote:
This has bee popping up in my social networks since yesterday and I have not seen it echoed here... So there - the White House uses OpenStreetMap : http://www.whitehouse.gov/mapping_service/inventory/524

How is that for an endorsement ?

Vladimir Agafonkin
Front-End Architect, CloudMade
+380 93 745 44 61

Re: The White House uses OpenStreetMap

Pieren
On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Jean-Marc Liotier <[hidden email]> wrote:
This has bee popping up in my social networks since yesterday and I have not seen it echoed here... So there - the White House uses OpenStreetMap : http://www.whitehouse.gov/mapping_service/inventory/524

How is that for an endorsement ?

The whitehouse.org using Cloudmade osm maps has been announced on this list the 5/3/09 ...

Pieren

Re: The White House uses OpenStreetMap

pavithran
On 27 May 2011 16:27, Vladimir Agafonkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It also uses CloudMade by the way :) http://www.whitehouse.gov/change

Not completely cloudmade , it uses mapbox at
http://www.whitehouse.gov/mapping_service/inventory/14 and uses
OSM_mapnik tiles at
http://www.whitehouse.gov/mapping_service/inventory/525
Hmm 3 things !
Regards,
Pavithran

--
pavithran sakamuri
http://look-pavi.blogspot.com

On 27/05/2011 13:43, Pieren wrote:
> The whitehouse.org <http://whitehouse.org> using Cloudmade osm maps has
> been announced on this list the 5/3/09 ...

That was news to me and apparently to a few others. Anyway, sorry for
the re-post... I only searched current news and neglected to look deeper
in the archives.