The actual use of the level tag

The actual use of the level tag – Hi there, In the wiki, the level tag is defined to be a 0-based-index so that level=0 is the ground floor, i.e. at the street level. In other wor...
Hi Tobias, we have here in Wuppertal, Germany at least three indoor-tagged structures that have street level entrances at multiple levels, makin...
On 20.01.19 18:06, Roland Olbricht wrote: > I am also a bit surprised: a common interpretation of the text of > https://wiki.openstreetmap.o...
> So from a SIT perspective, the problem isn't that the US (and other > places) call the ground level "1". It's that the level bel...
On 20.01.19 19:37, Tobias Zwick wrote: > - a shop on level M with "level=M" > > - the mall building with "levels=P2,P1,G,...
On 20/01/2019 23:39, Tobias Knerr wrote: > The main challenge I see with your proposal, though, is that the > levels=* tag on the building w...
Hi Tobias, thank you for keeping the discussion. One extra thing I have just learned is that non-numerical level refs are not-so-uncommon in the...
On 21.01.19 22:38, Roland Olbricht wrote: > I do consider both to be SIT compliant. I'm not sure if it's clear from the written text of SIT, b...
As pointed out for underground station, the building outline doesn't always cover the underground levels (i.e. the underground levels can extend ...
On 22/01/2019 10:47, Lionel Giard wrote: > So, i'm really in favor of the level=* for a "data user friendly" tag > (that could cor...
On 22.01.19 22:18, Tobias Zwick wrote: > First, I am still in the dark a bit how this affects SIT with S3DB > compatibility, perhaps Tordani...
On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 10:18:51PM +0100, Tobias Zwick wrote: > On 22/01/2019 10:47, Lionel Giard wrote: > > So, i'm really in favor of t...
I stumbled upon a real-world example yesterday that may make the attempt to have the level-tag describe a "global" order (as used in Ope...
On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 02:44:50PM +0100, Tobias Zwick wrote: > I stumbled upon a real-world example yesterday that may make the attempt > t...
> > One reason that's of particular interest to me is that SIT is intended > to be compatible with 3D rendering, allowing for the creat...
Am So., 20. Jan. 2019 um 23:41 Uhr schrieb Tobias Knerr <osm@... >: > On 20.01.19 19:37, Tobias Zwick wrote: > > - a shop on l...
On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 07:37:23PM +0100, Tobias Zwick wrote: > > So from a SIT perspective, the problem isn't that the US (and other > &...
>> - also the building with "ground_level=G" to define which level is >> the ground level. If ground_level is missing, 0 i...
On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 at 16:58, Tobias Zwick <osm@...> wrote: > Well, all of which I mentioned is optional. But I can come up with two >...
I've seen a similar issue with a shop in our area https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/351561908#map=19/-28.08993/153.45070 The street address ...
On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 10:57:47PM +0100, Tobias Zwick wrote: > >> - also the building with "ground_level=G" to define which le...
On Mon, Jan 21, 2019, 2:38 AM Tobias Zwick <osm@... wrote: > 2. no calculating forth- and back between level "indices" and real...
Am So., 20. Jan. 2019 um 18:07 Uhr schrieb Roland Olbricht < roland.olbricht@...>: > we have here in Wuppertal, Germany at least thre...
On 1/20/19 11:06, Roland Olbricht wrote: > we have here in Wuppertal, Germany at least three indoor-tagged > structures that have street lev...
On 20/01/2019 18:06, Roland Olbricht wrote: > we have here in Wuppertal, Germany at least three indoor-tagged > structures that have street ...
On 2019-01-20 05:49, Tobias Zwick wrote: > Hi there, > > In the wiki, the level tag is defined to be a 0-based-index so that > level=...
As tordanik has already pointed out the main issue with the proposals is that there is no inherent ordering that can be deduced from level values...
On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 4:11 PM Simon Poole <simon@...> wrote: > [...] addr tags are for postal addresses I don't think using them as ...
See the original page on the Karlsruher schema: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/House_numbers/Karlsruhe_Schema Am 23.01....
Hello, Just for your information, there is also this "level:ref" tag which was used in various context to solve this problem : -...
On 21/01/2019 09:19, PanierAvide wrote: > Just for your information, there is also this "level:ref" tag which was > used in variou...
Yes it makes sense to keep this distinction : level tag can just be the "logical order" of levels going from -xx to xx with an arbitrar...
Here's a perhaps-radical set of comments and suggestion: in any building, there is a set of names (which often but not always look like numbe...
>M (for mezzanine) is often in between G and 2, and often but not always has some notion of being less than a proper full floor Speaking of w...
On 20.01.19 14:49, Tobias Zwick wrote: > 2. generally, tagging definitions that are not intuitive to use (in a > region) will not be used co...
Maybe. My point though is that the (un)intuitiveness of this definition will be a constant source of error because as shops close and new shops op...
On Sun, Jan 20, 2019, 9:50 PM Tobias Zwick <osm@... wrote: > Region | likely zero-based | likely one-based > -...