Tintagel bridge

Jez Nicholson

Re: Tintagel bridge

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists)-2

Brings back memories of the current laminated timber footbridge which was floated around the coast and lifted in by sea king helicopter by the company I was working for as a student. The new bridge has been an amazing build too.

Cheers

Andy

Re: Tintagel bridge

Jez Nicholson
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/711990648 if anyone would like to check (and/or update) my plotting. Mostly based on https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/16051/production/_108239109_davidlevene3.embargoeduntil00.01thursday8august2019-1.jpg

Would be nice to have a feature on opening day, then we could shout about it on "the socials"

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 9:29 AM Andy Robinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Brings back memories of the current laminated timber footbridge which was floated around the coast and lifted in by sea king helicopter by the company I was working for as a student. The new bridge has been an amazing build too.

Cheers

Andy

Re: Tintagel bridge

ael
On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 07:23:00AM +0100, Jez Nicholson wrote:
> Has anyone prepared Tintagel bridge? Opening on Sunday.

As far as I can see, we don't have any local mappers. Perhaps I may
have missed some.

I am in Cornwall just now, and *might* be able to do a proper survey
but it is fair distance and it probably won't happen. Anyone in that
area?

ael

Re: Tintagel bridge

Gregory Marler
I think the most active Cornwall mappers are further South (around Falmouth and The Lizard). Some of them are focused are lot on foreign humanitarian mapping but also do some mapping locally. There are also some mappers who travel to Cornwall regularly but don't live there.

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 at 12:14, ael <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 07:23:00AM +0100, Jez Nicholson wrote:
> Has anyone prepared Tintagel bridge? Opening on Sunday.

As far as I can see, we don't have any local mappers. Perhaps I may
have missed some.

I am in Cornwall just now, and *might* be able to do a proper survey
but it is fair distance and it probably won't happen. Anyone in that
area?

ael

Gregory Marler
No More Grapes