Two new aerial imageries for Ivory Coast

Two new aerial imageries for Ivory Coast

Frédéric Bonifas
Hi all,

First of all, thanks to all those who traced with the previous imageries : OSM data over Ivory Coast has been greatly improved in the past months. As a kind of "recognition" of our data quality improvement , OSM is now in the Common Operational Datasets of OCHA for Ivory Coast : http://ochaonline.un.org/UrgencesEmergencies/ElectionsCocirctedIvoire/tabid/7330/language/fr-FR/Default.aspx (see bottom of the right column)

We are now allowed to use two new aerial imageries :

=== SPOT Image ===

Spot offers an imagery covering a huge part of western Ivory Coast. You can see the extent here : http://www.openstreetmap.org/?way=109447027
The URL is the same as the previous imagery over the Liberian border :
http://ws.spotimage.com/spotlive/wms/594c4e05-0160-41b8-908e-8331305dcefc?FORMAT=image/jpeg&VERSION=1.1.1&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetMap&Layers=spotlive&
The source to use is "Cnes / Spot Image"
Many many tracing to be done, that's great !

=== UNOSAT ===

UNOSAT has an imagery over the Bahn camp in Liberia. There is probably interest in using OSM as a baseline for this area.
The WMS URL is : http://cernunosat05.cern.ch/ArcGIS/services/CIV/CIV_Liberia4/MapServer/WMSServer
I manage to open it with QGis but unfortunately not in JOSM. Could someone help on that ?
The source tag to use would be "UNOSAT"

Frédéric Bonifas
+33672652807 skype:fredericbonifas

Re: Two new aerial imageries for Ivory Coast

Jean-Guilhem Cailton
Le 20/04/2011 22:28, Frédéric Bonifas a écrit :
> === UNOSAT ===
> The WMS URL is :
> http://cernunosat05.cern.ch/ArcGIS/services/CIV/CIV_Liberia4/MapServer/WMSServer
> I manage to open it with QGis but unfortunately not in JOSM. Could
> someone help on that ?

Hi Frédéric,

It is necessary to add "&Styles=default" in the WMS URL generated by JOSM.

So, the Preferences for WMS-TMS should contain :

wms:http://cernunosat05.cern.ch/ArcGIS/services/CIV/CIV_Liberia4/MapServer/WMSServer?FORMAT=image/jpeg&VERSION=1.1.1&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetMap&Layers=0&Styles=default&

Best wishes,

Jean-Guilhem

--
pgp 0x5939EAE2

Re: Two new aerial imageries for Ivory Coast

Frédéric Bonifas
Thank you Jean-Guilhem.

This is the extent of the imagery over the Bahn camp : http://www.openstreetmap.org/?way=109462659

Fred