Udig 1.3.1 sdk and netcdf

Wildemeersch Koen

Dear all,

I’ve managed to set up eclipse and udig 1.3.1 sdk today.

My objective is to get netcdf files into Udig and I’ve noticed that netcdf-java-4.0.41.jar is available as a plug-in. However, I don’t find any button in Udig that allows importing netcdf files.

Is this still being developed? What is the status of netcdf in Udig? I’ve also found a precompiled version (including JGrass) that should allow netcdf importing. There even is a netcdf data manager to import netcdf, but it doesn’t seem to work and is dated 2010. Is there anyone who got this working?

All information is welcome! Thx

Koen Wildemeersch

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit http://www.anteagroup.com/confidentiality.

Re: [udig-devel] Udig 1.3.1 sdk and netcdf

Mauricio Pazos-2
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 05:56:31 PM Wildemeersch Koen wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I've managed to set up eclipse and udig 1.3.1 sdk today.
> My objective is to get netcdf files into Udig and I've noticed that
> netcdf-java-4.0.41.jar is available as a plug-in. However, I don't find any
> button in Udig that allows importing netcdf files. Is this still being
> developed? What is the status of netcdf in Udig? I've also found a
> precompiled version (including JGrass) that should allow netcdf importing.
> There even is a netcdf data manager to import netcdf, but it doesn't seem
> to work and is dated 2010. Is there anyone who got this working?
>
> All information is welcome! Thx
>
> Koen Wildemeersch
Hi Koen, I think the last big progress was done by JGrass project
http://code.google.com/p/jgrass/wiki/SummerOfCode2009

A year ago,  I was working in this project
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/COM/Data+Weather+Analysis+and+Forecast

I had solved some compilation problems in order to integrate netcdf related
plugins with udig trunk. But right now I think it is necessary redo that work.

cheers
--
Mauricio Pazos