Underway road.

Xan-3
Hi,

I have a situation where a road is underway in a building. How can I
mark that?
This is the situation:
[http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.585385&lon=2.631358&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF]
You could see the google maps
[http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=son+dameto,+palma,+mallorca&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.901528,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=son+dameto,&hnear=Palma,+Spain&ll=39.585477,2.630716&spn=0.000503,0.001206&t=h&z=20]

that the road is underway a road and then a building (I'm refering to
the 180 angle). I suppose it has, at the end, a parking.

Thanks,
Xan.

Re: Underway road.

Peter Childs
2009/12/21 Xan <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a situation where a road is underway in a building. How can I
> mark that?
> This is the situation:
> [http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.585385&lon=2.631358&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF]
> You could see the google maps
> [http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=son+dameto,+palma,+mallorca&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.901528,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=son+dameto,&hnear=Palma,+Spain&ll=39.585477,2.630716&spn=0.000503,0.001206&t=h&z=20]
>
> that the road is underway a road and then a building (I'm refering to
> the 180 angle). I suppose it has, at the end, a parking.
>
> Thanks,
> Xan.

Put the road in a tunnel though the building.

tunnel=yes

some may put layer tags on as well.

layer=1 (on the building)

HTH

Peter

Re: Underway road.

Dave F.
Peter Childs wrote:

> Put the road in a tunnel though the building.
>
> tunnel=yes
>
> some may put layer tags on as well.
>
> layer=1 (on the building)
>

> HTH
Xan

 From Streetview it appears you have roads at multiple levels, in which
case i would definitely use the layer tag on both the road & the building.

Cheers
Dave F.

Re: Underway road.

Randy-4
Xan wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a situation where a road is underway in a building. How can I
>mark that?
>This is the situation:
>[http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.585385&lon=2.631358&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF]
>You could see the google maps
>[http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=son+dameto,+palma,+mallorca&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.901528,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=son+dameto,&hnear=Palma,+Spain&ll=39.585477,2.630716&spn=0.000503,0.001206&t=h&z=20]
>
>that the road is underway a road and then a building (I'm refering to
>the 180 angle). I suppose it has, at the end, a parking.
>
>Thanks,
>Xan.

A new property "covered=yes" has been approved. I just haven't gotten it
into the approved list yet. However, it's primarily for use where layering
isn't appropriate, for example, if the road went straight into the
building, at ground level. In this case, from what I can see, I think
layering would be appropriate. From the satellite view, it's hard to tell,
but from the street view, it looks like the building is at ground level,
and the road descends under the building, so, I'd put the road, at -1.
Since the road has an indefinite end, that is to say, it is probably just
the entrance into underground parking, I personally would not use tunnel.
I *might* add "covered=yes" for additional clarification, but if layering
is appropriate, it shouldn't be necessary.

Of course, you could take the easy way out, and just stop the road at the
edge of the building, unless you've examined it and have more information.

--
Randy

Re: Underway road.

Xan-3
En/na Randy ha escrit:

> Xan wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a situation where a road is underway in a building. How can I
>> mark that?
>> This is the situation:
>> [http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.585385&lon=2.631358&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF]
>> You could see the google maps
>> [http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=son+dameto,+palma,+mallorca&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.901528,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=son+dameto,&hnear=Palma,+Spain&ll=39.585477,2.630716&spn=0.000503,0.001206&t=h&z=20]
>>
>> that the road is underway a road and then a building (I'm refering to
>> the 180 angle). I suppose it has, at the end, a parking.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Xan.
>>

> A new property "covered=yes" has been approved. I just haven't gotten it
> into the approved list yet. However, it's primarily for use where layering
> isn't appropriate, for example, if the road went straight into the
> building, at ground level. In this case, from what I can see, I think
> layering would be appropriate. From the satellite view, it's hard to tell,
> but from the street view, it looks like the building is at ground level,
> and the road descends under the building, so, I'd put the road, at -1.
> Since the road has an indefinite end, that is to say, it is probably just
> the entrance into underground parking, I personally would not use tunnel.
> I *might* add "covered=yes" for additional clarification, but if layering
> is appropriate, it shouldn't be necessary.
>
> Of course, you could take the easy way out, and just stop the road at the
> edge of the building, unless you've examined it and have more information.

Thank you all of you. I think provisionally I take the easiest way out:
stop the road at the edge of the building and use layer. When I could
examine that, I will refine that.

Xan.

Re: Underway road.

Xan-3

> Thank you all of you. I think provisionally I take the easiest way out:
> stop the road at the edge of the building and use layer. When I could
> examine that, I will refine that.
>
> Xan.

It display the oneway swap:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.585204&lon=2.631502&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF

Why?
Thanks,
Xan.

Re: Underway road.

Randy-4
Xan wrote:

>>Thank you all of you. I think provisionally I take the easiest way out:
>>stop the road at the edge of the building and use layer. When I could
>>examine that, I will refine that.
>>
>>Xan.
>>
>It display the oneway swap:
>
>http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.585204&lon=2.631502&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF
>
>Why?
>Thanks,
>Xan.

I'm not sure which one-way concerns you. I believe they are all displayed
according to the construction of the tags. If one of the ways is pointing
one-way in the wrong direction, then you need to either reverse the way
(my preferred method) by clicking the direction arrow at the bottom of
Potlatch or using Reverse Way in JOSM, or change one-way=yes to one-way=-1.

--
Randy

Re: Underway road.

Randy-4
Xan wrote:

>>Thank you all of you. I think provisionally I take the easiest way out:
>>stop the road at the edge of the building and use layer. When I could
>>examine that, I will refine that.
>>
>>Xan.
>>
>It display the oneway swap:
>
>http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.585204&lon=2.631502&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF
>
>Why?
>Thanks,
>Xan.

Oh, I see your problem, now, at the underpass. Potlatch and JOSM both show
the data correctly. I believe you must have uploaded it incorrectly at
first, and then corrected it. It can take anything from a few hours to a
few days for the Mapnik to update the tile. I made a similar change four
days ago, that just showed up last night. Check it again in a few days.

--
Randy

Re: Underway road.

Xan-3
En/na Randy ha escrit:

> Xan wrote:
>

>>> Thank you all of you. I think provisionally I take the easiest way out:
>>> stop the road at the edge of the building and use layer. When I could
>>> examine that, I will refine that.
>>>
>>> Xan.
>>>

>> It display the oneway swap:
>>
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.585204&lon=2.631502&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF
>>
>> Why?
>> Thanks,
>> Xan.
>>

> Oh, I see your problem, now, at the underpass. Potlatch and JOSM both show
> the data correctly. I believe you must have uploaded it incorrectly at
> first, and then corrected it. It can take anything from a few hours to a
> few days for the Mapnik to update the tile. I made a similar change four
> days ago, that just showed up last night. Check it again in a few days.

Okay. Thanks a lot, Randy. What is exactly what I did: I saw the error
and I corrected it.

Merry....
Xan.